Chapter 10

I stretched and yawned as I woke up. Time for class. History was my first class today. That meant I would see Jill and Charles. I wonder how Charles will act?

I opened my door and saw a single red rose on the floor in front of my door. I picked it up and looked at it. I wonder who left it here? I twirled it with my fingers, it was very pretty.

"Ow!" I pricked my finger on a thorn. I didn't even notice the thorns.

I took a picture of it and sent it to Jill asking her if she knew who left it. I looked at the rose one last time and set it on the table. I looked at my finger, there was blood trickling down the cut so I sucked on it.

I walked to class and saw Jill sitting across the room. She smiled at me and I waved at her. I sat next to Charles but he didn't say anything to me.

I was about to start writing down notes when I remembered my finger. My pointer finger was cut which made it hard for me to write and I don't know how to write with my left hand.

Charles saw me struggling and took my pencil from my hand. He grabbed my hand and looked at my finger and frowned. "You shouldn't write if it's going to make you suffer."

"Charles, I'm fine. It's just a small cut." I tried to whisper so the professor wouldn't hear me.

"I'll give you the notes after class. Look at your finger, it's starting to bleed again." Charles took my finger and stuck it in his mouth. He swirled his tongue around my finger.

"Hey! Stop that! What do you think you're doing?" I took my finger away from his mouth and he smiled.

"I'm just trying to care for you. I bet you do that too, don't you?"

"That's not the point! Don't put my finger in your mouth!" I turned away to try and hide my flushed face.

Charles laughed and continued to take his notes. He told me to meet him by the lake at 8 p.m to exchange notes. I agreed and continued to try and take my notes.

~~~~~

I was now in writing class. Nico and Mason were in this class but they hadn't said a word to me or to each other. Sometimes I would see them glaring at each other or looking at me.

I sat there listening to the professor when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around, it was Nico. He handed me a folded peice of paper.

Can I talk to you after class? I need to tell you something.

I wrote down sure and passed it back to him. I heard him sigh in relief and I smiled a little. Mason seemed to be staring at me, angrily.

After class I waited for Nico. He saw me and smiled. "Look, Eli, I'm sorry. I was being a jerk and didn't take notice of your feelings."

"It's okay Nico. I know you didn't mean anything, I forgive you." I gave him a hug.

Nico hugged me back. "I'm your best friend. I should've thought of you. Thanks for forgiving me." He stroked my hair and walked to his class.

Just then, Mason walked up to me. He grabbed my hand and started walking. I couldn't let go of his grip as I was trying to catch up with him. He lead me outside where no one was near.

He pushed me onto the school wall and pinned me there. "Mason what are you doing!? Let me go!" I struggled as I tried to get out of his grip on my shoulders.

"I can't believe you. You're actually forgiving Nico? After what he did to you?" I couldn't tell if he was angry or upset.

"What do you mean? You did the same thing, at least he apologized!"