Chapter 21

**ELI'S POV**

I think I've made up my mind. There was no one else that made me happier than he did. Not because of what we did, but because of what I felt. There were sparks when he touched, fireworks when he kissed me, flames when he became my first.

Charles

That sophisticated, elegant, yet beautiful name played in my mind over and over again. I wanted to be with him. Even if he was hiding secrets from me, I still yearned for him.

What am I going to do with the others? How do I let them down without hurting anyone? This was going to be tough. Nick was my best friend and I couldn't be without him. Ethan was Jill's boyfriend and he was already started growing apart from her because of me. Then there was Mason. Poor Mason.

He opened up to me and poured out all his feelings. And you're going to leave him in the dumps. Alone. I couldn't do that to him! Mason can't deal with his life all alone. How do I let him down?

I could just reject them all and be happy with Charles but, I can't. I've grown close to them just not in the same way with Charles. Friendzone. I'm friendzoning them. That'll hurt them but not as much as rejecting them, hopefully.

~~~~~

In writing class, I sat  between Nico and Mason. They both stared at me. "Hey guys, take a picture, it'll last longer." I laughed and tapped my pencil on the desk.

"I don't need a picture if I'll have you with me everyday." Mason winked at me and smirked at Nico when he saw his eyes glaring at him.

"Shut up Mason, Eli prefers me. Her best friend."

"Yeah well, maybe you'll be stuck there for the rest of your life." Mason said, gliding his fingers along my arm.

I pulled away from him and glared at him. It wasn't the same when Charles touchesd me. His soft, gentle fingers along my body. Those crystal blue eyes staring right at me. His lips... no! What am I thinking?!

I began to blush which I suspected Mason and Nico taking it wrongly. They both smirked as the bell rang, signaling the end of class. I took a deep breath and walked out of class, waiting for Nico.

"Hey Nico, can we talk real quick?" I began to fidget. Jeez, this was nerve wrecking.

"Sure, what's up Eli?"

"Well, I think I know who I like and I want to tell the others but I don't know how. I'm afraid to hurt them. I care about everyone, just not the same as I do for him." Hopefully Nico didn't think it was him.

He looked around nervously. "I'm not really good with this stuff but if you really like the guy you shouldn't be afraid of expressing it. Even if it means hurting others."

"I- I guess you're right Nico. Um, can I tell you who that guy is?" Please don't get mad, please don't get mad.

"Go ahead." I could tell Nico was nervous but he tried his best to respond calmly.

I took a deep breath and stared right at Nico's eyes, causing him to stiffen. "The guy I like is Charles."

"Oh. W- well congrats. I'm glad you realized who you like." He casted his eyes to the ground.

"Nico please don't be upset. You know I like you too, just not in the same way. I still want to be your friend. Best friend." I held his hand reassuringly and smiled at him.

He sighed. "Right. I'm your best friend. I should support your decision. I'm happy for you Eli, just promise me you won't forget about me."

"I would never do that. I promise."