Chapter 27

Today was finally the day we left to Wysteria. I was excited, terrified, and happy. We woke up earlier than usual since the flight would take about twelve hours. I was not excited for that.

"Are you all set? We have to leave soon." Sebastian was loading our luggage into the limo as we brought them down.

"Yeah, I think that's all. What about you Eli, do you have everything?" Charles set his bags down near Sebastian.

"Yes, I made sure I didn't forget anything three times already." I was worried and hoped three times was good enough.

"Alright everyone into the car. We have a long way to go." Sebastian opened the door for me.

I looked back at the campus and sighed. Charles gave me a kiss on the cheek and smiled at me. "Everything's going to be fine. Trust me."

I smiled and nodded my head. I got inside the car and looked back at the lake as we drove away. It was a bittersweet moment.

~~~~~

We arrived at the airport an hour earlier. It was nine o'clock but the flight didn't take off until ten. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to say goodbye to everyone.

Jill and Ethan were the first to arrive. She ran up to when she saw me and attacked me with a hug. "Eli! I'm going to miss you so much! You have to text me and call me all the time, and promise me you'll invite me to a ball!"

Both of us were crying and people stared as they walked past us but I didn't care. "I'm going to miss you too! But you have to text me back, you can't leave me on read from now on. And I'll see what I can do about the ball."

"I'm sure if I request her to come, Jill can be invited and have her own flight to go." Charles stepped into the conversation which made Jill look at him and hug him too.

"Thank you so much! I can't wait to go, you just became my favorite person in the world!" After hearing what Jill said, Ethan cleared his throat.

"What about me?"

Jill let go of Charles who straightened himself out. He looked embarrassed and disturbed. "Oh right, sorry but my boyfriend comes first then Eli. Sorry Charles but your my third favorite person in the world." She giggled and held Ethan's hand.

"We should get going, class starts soon for both of us." Ethan hugged me and walked away with Jill.

However, Jill came running back once again and hugged Charles and I once more. "I'll be waiting for that invitation!" She ran back to Ethan and waved goodbye.

"Well, she's fun." Charles cleared his throat and smoothed out his vest. He was dressed formally and asked me to dress formal as well.

"Yeah, that's Jill. I'm going to miss her energetic personality." A tear ran down my cheek and Charles wiped it off with his thumb.

He smiled at me. "I hate seeing you cry. Don't worry I'll make sure she visits."

I bit my lip to stop myself from crying and nodded my head. We sat down on a bench as Sebastian walked back with our luggage.

"Luggage is all checked. Now all we have to do is wait for the plane to be ready which shouldn't be long now." He looked at his watch, smoothed out his hair, and adjusted his tie.

~~~~~

A few minutes later, Nico arrived. I yelled out his name and ran up to him. I hugged him and began to cry. "I'm going to miss you the most. I can't believe I've spent my whole life with you and now I'm leaving you. You must hate me right now."