4- School pt. 1

After a few days of living here, I had to go to school. I begged my parents to just do online schooling but they said that 'I need to make friends' and 'talk to people'. At 5:30 am, my alarm went off and I laid there, thinking about what could happen today. I decided to finally get up and by the time I did, it was 6. I rushed to my closet and threw on ripped jeans, a red and black flannel with a white tank top underneath, my choker and my black beanie. I grab my backpack and basically fell down the stairs with style. I put my back pack on one of the chairs and quickly made some Earl Grey Tea and gulped it all down. I felt more awake now. I quickly threw on some eyeliner and mascara and I went to put on my converse. "Um, Ali, Mark agreed to take you to school today!" My mom called from the other room. Mark wants to drive me to school?! AH!

      "Okay mom!" I tied my shoelace and gave my mom a hug.

       "Have a good first day of school honey!" She kissed me on the forehead and then I heard a honk from the driveway. I waved goodbye to my mom and headed out to the car. I open the passenger seat door and put my back pack by my feet. I step in, close the door and buckled in.

         "So, you excited for your first day?" I look down at my feet.

        "Uh, heh, not really..."

         "Why not?"

         "I mean, it's scary, starting a new school and everything and I probably won't make any friends either..."

        "Don't be silly," he said as he put a hand on my shoulder. "You're going to make lots of friends and you will be popular, I know it." I look up to him and smiled. He was really encouraging. He then drove off and I looked out the window the whole time, trying to calm myself down.

         When we got there, I opened the door and got out. "Thank you Mark for dropping me off!"

         "No problem, anytime! Have a good day!"

         "Thanks!" I closed the door and saw him drive off. I then turned around to see the most horrifying thing ever. School. I gulped and headed toward the school. I already had my schedule so I know where to go, kind of. I entered and everyone was waiting there, waiting for class to start. They were all talking to each other, laughing, having fun. Then there was me looking like the emo new kid. I stepped into the crowd of people and didn't really know what I was doing. When I got out of the crowd, some kid bumped into me. I looked down at them since I was taller. He was a scrawny boy, pasty white and glasses. He was also holding a lot of books which made me think he was a book worm.

         "O-oh my gosh," he stuttered. "I-I'm s-s-so sorry!"

        "It's okay. No harm done." He looked up at me and smiled.

        "Are you new? I never saw you around before."

        "Um, yeah I am. I'm Ali."

        "Stewart is the name! But my friends all call me Stewie!" I smile and shake hands with his free hand. "Wanna come to the library and hang out with all of my friends?"

        "Sure! It sounds fun!" While we were walking to the library, we were talking about our interests and everything like that. We then finally got to the library, he guided me over to the computer area where many nerdy boys were playing MineCraft.

         "Hey," Stewie started. "Did any of you finish your homework?"

          "No," all of the guys in unison said.

          "Ugh. Hey everyone! This is Ali! Say hi to her." Everyone looked up from their computers and gave friendly smiles. They all said hi and some even got up to greet me as well. They were all nice guys. Maybe I will make more friends than I thought...