19

yes sir, i'm updating again because i just got to the part of the book where it isn't insanely slow so here you go!! enjoy :p

zoë walker hooper

we're still in the hallway when the bell rings and fleur reacts so nonchalantly to it that i actually have to drag her to her fifth period class.

all i can hear her doing is gasping and smiling like she's still talking to nate which makes me laugh way harder than it should.

"go to class, you freak."

i push her into her classroom and she immediately straightens up, smiles, and heads to her desk. i, on the other hand, walk up the two flights of stairs that are critical in order to get to my biology class.

i find myself fixing my hair a little bit on the way there and stop cold when i see jay again. i take this time to analyze him. he's got loose black hair and high cheekbones that press against his tanned skin. he was actually really good looking. [ jay stevie ]

he's waiting in the middle of the hallway with a wide smirk on his face and by the looks of it, he just got into some pretty deep shit. he doesn't seem to care though, obviously.

he looks me up and down before beginning to talk to me, and this time i'm listening. his voice is low and raspy and he's much taller than me- taller than grayson.

"hey, um, fleur right?"

never had i ever been called fleur before and this made me turn around and give him the most effortless bitch face of all time.

"nope."

he bites his lip, looking me up and down again. he knows that's not my name- he's only nagging with me. somehow, it's entertaining.

"well then, what is it?"

he's still leaning up against the wall and i stop and turn towards him. i'm farely close to my classroom and he decided to come down the hall with me.

"you'll find out later tonight at your party."

he smirks at this, his eyes on my lips. he steps towards me and my back is instantly against the wall. his arms come up, his hands finding their place on either side of my head.

"you're with little gray, aren't you?"

by the way he says grayson's name, i can tell he isn't intimidated. then again, he's a senior and he's got bigger priorities then focusing on one of the inferior players on his football team.

"i am, but what does that have to do with anything?"

his eyebrows lift in excitement and shock, as if no girl had every not been deathly interested in grayson. a beautiful smile opens up across his face and he looks down at me again.

"you should hang out with me at the party later, you'll have fun."

i look at my watch and realize i have to go or else i'll be even more late than i already am. i shrug lightly acting as if i don't care but i really do. hopefully, he will be able to keep my mind off of grayson.

i glance back at him one more time before entering my class. by now i'm probably ten minutes late and i am thankful that the teacher is doing a power-point and is too focused on that to glance at me.

i walk the long way around the class in order to get to my desk without disturbing anyone. i feel grayson's eyes on me as i skim past his desk.

i turn around behind him, thankful that his desk is the farthest one in its row from the front board. i whisper into his ear lightly,

"are you going to nate garner's party tonight?"

he smiles to himself, taking his hands from his desk and moving them to my forearms, resulting in the wrapping of my arms around his neck. i am now fully bent over his desk and my neck is nuzzled into the crook of his.

"i'm there if you are."

he says this slowly, his retainer obviously making his speech slurred. i bite my lip and smile before he kissed my cheek and i unwrap my arms from around him.

"great."

i say, before completely separating myself from him. i slowly walk around to my desk and slip into my seat before the teacher –who once again is more focused on his work on the board than his actual living students– even notices.

-------------------

y'all were probably so excited for a double update but it's only a filler  chapter. Sorry