Forks

Being born into the supernatural world meant from a young age I knew about things. The reason for unexplained disappearances, Vampires. The reason for that friend you knew that suddenly got smoking hot and wouldn't talk to you again, he became a Werewolf. The reason for unexplainable beauty and a voice that would make any man want you, Angels. I am Lacey Borealis. Half Human from my dad's side and half Angel from my mothers. Angels are complicated beings that spend their lives seeking their soul mate. Angels mate for life.

My mother raised me for 14 years, I am now 16. My whole life she has been preparing me for when she must depart back to Heaven. I have spent two years wandering America and trying to find where I would settle. As an Angel you can't stay in one place for very long, as you have to find your soul mate. If you stop, you die. When you reach 14 that's when you start looking, and you look alone. My father died when I was two, shape shifters, who thought he was a vampire due to his vampiric friends, killed him.

I am now in Forks, Washington. I was leaping through deep undergrowth when I heard them. Low growls that caused my movements to freeze erupted through the bush. I turned and was greeted by both a black wolf and a silver one.

"I mean no harm." I spoke softly. I was answered by more growls. I then ran. I heard them approaching. I forced my legs to go quicker, but without wings and with a slight head start I had no hope in outrunning them. I approached a river as the black wolf snapped at my legs, narrowly missing. That action resulted in me tumbling into the river. They stalked forward and I screamed as loud as I could. Tears ran down my face as I thought that this is how my father would have died.

"Sam, what's going on?" I Southern accent asked. I turned to see the most beautiful human being I have ever seen. Only I sensed that he was about as human as the shape shifters that had chased me.

"He says she was on there land and doesn't smell human." A bronze haired man came up behind the Southerner as I turned to face them. Slowly, I inched towards them. This action alone set the wolves off with more growling. My breathing became erratic as the black wolf stepped forward into the water. I was already soaking wet but the cold water didn't bother me. He stepped again and the vampires hissed in reply, the southerner stepping closer to me protectively. I felt arms lift me out of the water.

"Don't start something Sam. We are taking her to Carlisle." The bronze haired one stated. That's when I noticed I was in the Southerners arms. The wolves swiftly left. That's when my world went black.