Chapter 8

Alice

     I blink my eyes open the next morning, taking in my surroundings. Bright maroon and gold everywhere. Carpets, drapes, bed hangings. I smile to myself. First day at Hogwarts.

I stand up and stretch out my arms. I yawn. Making my way over to the bathroom I grab my clothes from my trunk. I step into the bathroom and strip off my pajamas. I turn the metal switch and warm water comes running out of the shower head. The water trickles over my head. It feels great. I finished taking my shower and pull on my clothes. I wrap the towel around my head to dry off my hair while walking into the dorm room again.

I slip on my shoes as Angelina comes walking over. "Hey Angelina," I say pulling the towel off my head and brushing my hair. "Just call me Lina," she replies. "Anyway do you want to sit together at breakfast?" She's seems to be bouncing up and down on her heels. "I'd love to Lina. Besides, your my only and best friend here," I say.

"Thank you," she squeals while giving me a side hug. First day and I already have a best friend.

I stand up and pull my Gryffindor tie a little tighter around my neck before heading downstairs. Fred and George are sitting on the couch with Lee in the common room. "Hey guys!" I say jumping over the back of the couch making them scream. Fred falls off of the couch and tries to grab on to George to steady himself but ends up pulling him with him. They both end up landing on Lee who was already sitting on the floor.

"Hey," they screech as I start laughing. I bury my face in one of the pillows to try to muffle my laughter.

"See you at lunch," I say before heading out of the common room down to the Great Hall, them hot on my heels. I push open the doors. The hall is filled with chatter from all different houses. I sit down at the table to await my fate as Fred, George, and Lee come bounding into the great hall. I close my eyes awaiting my punishment from them.

I feel something wet trickle down my back and something hard contacts with my face. I open my eyes. They had cracked a couple eggs over my head and then thrown some at my face. "Guys!" I scream. The entire hall is silent. A few people let out nervous giggles. "Oh your going to get it," I say. I pick up some of the eggs of the table and throw it at them, along with an a handful of butter. "Food fight," someone yells.

Food comes flying from everywhere. Every house and everyone. I glance up at the staff table. Dumbledore has a smile on his face and seems to be enjoying himself. Soon it's become a heated battle between Gryffindor and Slytherin with the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaw's picking one side or the other.

    "My goodness, what is going on here?" McGonagall shouts running into the hall. Just then a pie nails her directly in the face. The whole hall freezes. "Run," I shout and everyone in the hall goes sprinting out. "Come on, come on," I encourage, grabbing Lina by the arm and pulling her with me as we run. I get lost on the way back to the common room. I end up on the seventh floor corridor.

    "No, no, no," I shout.

   "Someone's coming," Lina says as footsteps approach. I wish we had somewhere to hide I keep thinking to myself as I look around for a place to hide. Suddenly a door appears in front of me I don't know where it came from or what it leads to but it's an escape. "In here?" Lina suggested. I nodded and she pulls open the door.

Inside was a room. It was a lot larger than any room I've seen, including the great hall. But that's not the most interesting part. Tables upon tables are lined up with trinkets, treasures, and more spewing off of them. Stacks dozens of feet above my head made of furniture and table clothes and items wobble. Large black cabinets and birdcages and tiaras are just some of the thing in the room.

The footsteps start to approach faster and I slam the door shut. "Hide," I whisper shout and we split up. I run through aisles and final crouch between a table and a cloth. The footsteps get louder and louder before starting to fade off again until you can't here them. "Strange," I mutter to Lina. "Almost if they didn't even think to check this room."

We wait about another twenty minutes before walking back out. I turn around to get another look at the large door but all that's there is blank wall. "Cool!" Lina says. I hold up my hand. "Wait. I want to try something."

I need cleaning supplies I reappear over and over in my head even though it is not true. The door appears again. This time it opens to a broom closet. I close it again. After it melts back into the wall I tell myself I need extra school supplies. The door reappears and a it leads to a room full of cauldrons, quills, ink, parchment, textbooks, and more.

I turn to Lina. "You just have to think of what you need and this room provides it," I tell her. She looks amazed. She takes a step forward and appears to be in deep concentration. The door melts back and she opens it. A room bigger and taller than the room with all the stuff in it appears. The room itself is at least 100 feet tall.

Hoops like those on the Quidditch field are on either sides. Shelves on the sides of the room and lined with different sized balls. Large maroon ones, small golden ones, and dark medium sized ones that appear to be struggling against restraints that hold them to the case. At least 20 brooms lay on the side of the shelf. "Amazing!" I exclaim. "What did you think of?"

She looks a bit embarrassed. "I kinda wanted to try out for the Quidditch team next year and I thought some practice would be good. So I thought that I needed a room to practice Quidditch."

"Cool, maybe I'll try out with you." I say. Her face lights up. "You mean it?" She asks.

"Of course."

Thank you for reading this book so far. Don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks to all my readers. Love you guys. "Always."
And don't forget," I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Mischief Managed