Part 5

Dean's hand tingled from where he had touched Castiel

Dean's hand tingled from where he had touched Castiel. His heart skipped a beat when he had touched the other man and now a wide grin took over his face. Dean walked back down the staircase and turned left to his office. When he got there he closed the fireplace, the last thing he needed was the house burning down. He went over to his computer, read over the latest sentence he had made before he was interrupted, saved the file before turning off the computer. Dean grabbed his tea before leaving the room. He went up the staircase once more. He noted that the light coming from Castiel's room was off, that was quick. He turned right towards the direction of his room.

When Dean walked into his bedroom Nala had already taken the right side of the bed, she was sound asleep and her light snoring hummed through the room. Unlike the rest of the house, Dean's room had the least decorations. The walls were painted a cream color, there was a single bookcase on one wall of the room, some of the books on the shelf were ones that he had written, a night table on either side of his bed with a lamp on it while his closet took over the third wall closest to the entrance. There were some pictures hanging on the walls of places that Dean had once visited but the one he looked at the most was on his night table. It was a picture of his whole family; mom, dad, and brother down in Lake Tahoe. This was the last time that they all had been together as a family. Dean's parents had passed away a long time ago. He picked up the photo and looked at it a while before placing it back down. Dean got into his pajamas, then left the room to go get ready for bed in the bathroom next door.

Dean curled the blanket around himself before turning off the lamp. He stared out the window. He had forgotten to close the blinds. Like all the rest of bedrooms in the manor they had thick curtains that when pulled closed would not let any amount of sunlight through. That was exactly how Dean liked them, in case he spent a long night writing he didn't want to deal with the sun waking him. He left the curtains open. This time he wanted the sun to wake him in the morning. The thought of talking with the trench coated Castiel again made his heart race. Dean finally fell asleep after thinking of all possible conversations he could have over breakfast with Castiel the next day.