Part 13

"How are you doing? Wanted to make sure you weren't going too crazy while we were gone. We're gonna be home in two days," Sam informed.

"I can handle myself, Sam. I'm an adult. How are you guys doing? Having fun?" Dean asked, walking over to let Nala back inside.

"Good, Jess is having a lot of fun. Wish you could have come with us Dean. Thanks for paying for the tickets man," Sam responded.

"Don't worry about it. Is Hawaii all that it's hyped up to be?"

"Even better, it's so beautiful here. I really wish you could be here, the weather is so nice."

"And be the third wheel? No thank you. I'm fine staying at home writing my books. Look, I gotta go, call me when you arrive so I can pick you up, ok?"

"Sure thing, Dean. Don't stay up too late," Sam ended the call.

Dean walked back to his office. Nala was on her bed with her feet in the air, tummy showing. He walked over to the fireplace, taking his time to light the fire and watched it grow, feeling the heat creep up his body. Over at his desk Dean turned on his laptop, waiting for the loading screen. He pulled out the crumpled piece of paper, staring at it as his computer fired up. Was it too soon to call Castiel? He'd wait a couple of days before doing so, he didn't want to seem too desperate even though he couldn't wait till the next time he was with the dark haired, blue eyed man. Dean cracked his knuckles before settling back into his writing.