Part 12

When Castiel reached Dean he was opening the car door. "Dean!" he called out, making him turn.

"Castiel," Dean repeated, looking at the ground, "What's up?"

"Leaving so soon?" Castiel questioned, stepping closer to Dean. They made eye contact and Dean felt like he got shocked again, it was electrifying.

"Yeah, I have work to do," Dean broke the eye contact, rubbing the back of this neck.

Castiel suddenly grabbed Dean's hand, making his heart race. The other man' s hand was warm and smooth. Dean noticed that Castiel had put something in his hand. He unfurled his hand to reveal a small piece of paper with a number with it. "Maybe we can have coffee or something soon? To thank you for your hospitality. It'll be my treat," Castiel fumbled with his words, looking up at Dean.

"Yeah, goodbye Castiel," Dean shoved the paper into his pocket, feeling his cheeks getting red. Did Castiel just ask him out on a date? Now way, he was just being polite. Castiel waved goodbye and Dean watched him walk back into the house before starting up the engine.

Dean drove back home still feeling the lingering touch of Castiel's hand. He wished he could have gone back to that moment, to feel the electrifying pulses he got when Castiel touched him, wanted to know what it meant. He didn't know why but he felt attracted to the man he barely knew.

Dean parked the car back in the garage and was greeted by a very excited Nala. He let her outside to do her business. Just as he was about to go back to his office his phone rang. He answered, "Sam, what's up?"

"Hey Dean," his younger brother piped at the other end of the phone.