Chapter Five: A Cupid's Heart

Harry's P.O.V

Valentine's Day. That one occasion every year that half of the world can spend time being all lovey dovey with someone, and then the other half find this day to be acceptable to wear their kitten sweaters that are secretly shove at the back of their dresser, and cry over Rom-coms with ice cream.

Surprisingly, I fall under this category this year.

Now don't get me wrong. Love is a piece of shit that someone invented into this world, and I don't intend to be involved in it. Previous Valentine's Days I had spent were shagging some chicks desperate enough to come home with me, and others were just with the guys flicking through Playboy magazines.

Oh joy.

But here I was, inside a flower shop waiting for Liam to finish making his order of flowers. All the heart shaped balloons and giant teddy bears surrounding me were sucking all the positiveness out of me.

"..And that will be about $120 in total sir," the counter lady said. Liam whipped out his wallet, putting the cash into the lady's hands. After receiving his change, we both hurried out of the store.

"I hope they deliver it on time.." Liam pondered, shoving his wallet back into his jean pocket.

"Don't worry mate, I'm sure they will," I reassured, sounding a bit like Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh.To be honest, I was not happy at all with Liam and Jen being together. Two weeks ago from when they 'announced' they were an item by kissing each other in front of the rest of us, I was not prepared for it.

And so I reinstate in more mathematical terms, Me+Jen= Ultimate Sex Couple. And Liam+Jen= Average. No offence.

That night I raided my closet, chucking everything around in frustration. No one and I mean no one, has ever gotten to me as bad as Jen. It's like Mila Kunis and Megan Fox compacted into one. Daaaaaamn.

And the fact she was somewhat taken by one of my best friends made it difficult. Usually I'd just break couples up in a heartbeat to shag the chick, but this was different.

"So, now we've just gotta buy chocolates in general for everybody," Liam said while checking his watch. "You gonna come or just wait outside?"

"Oh nah I wanna check out some of the shops here, I'll just meet up with you later," I said.

"Alright then," Liam said giving me a casual wave. As we headed separate ways, I ventured further in the shopping centre, seeing many bold signs stating, '40% off Valentine's Day discount!' or 'Free Valentine's Day gift with each five item purchase!'.

I was never going to escape the end of this charade.

I found myself going inside a packed jewellery store full of customers, majority of them mostly couples. Inside they had Taylor Swift's song, 'Today Was A Fairytale' playing on loudspeaker.

Ugh, cringe worthy much?

Trying to make myself look occupied, I began to observe bracelet charms in the glass case in front of me. It had a lot of quirky stuff, which caught my eye. Oh hey, there's a yin yang one for Zayn...

"Oh hey, do you reckon Liam might get you one of these?"

"I don't think so, he clued to me it was something big, so it can't be that."

I froze in horror, afraid to look up from the glass case. Slowly, I took a glance ahead, and spotted Jen and Georgia browsing at the cases on the other side of the store.

Now to run, or not to run, is the question.

For a fact they would definitely notice me if I walk out of the shop. So my only option was to dodge them by hiding in between the bundle of other customers in here.