Chapter Seven: See? We're totally functional

Niall's P.O.V

The sun's rays filtered through my window, shining right onto my face. Which isn't a pleasant way to wake up, mind you. With one eye open and the other still somewhat blurry, I stumbled sleepily out into the corridor, bumping into the walls a bit.

According to the clock, it was 9:45am, which it is pretty earlier considering how much I sleep in. Sitting on one of the arm chairs, I switched on the television.

"PEPPAAAAA PIGGG OINK!!"

I quickly turned the volume, cursing whoever turned it up so high. Suddenly, something next to me began to shuffle, which made me jump. Georgia slept soundlessly on the lounge, all the cushions and blankets keeping some of her face hidden.

You had to admit, she looked pretty cute sleeping. The way she curled up in a little ball was just too much for me to handle. She turned in her sleep, facing me, before slowly opening up her eyes.

"Oh your up already," she said, sitting up and stretching. "You strike me as someone who sleeps in a lot."

"Yeah, but I got a rude awakening for the sun," I lamely joked, but surprisingly it made her crack a smile. She looked at the television screen, then back at me. "Peppa Pig? Really?"

"Nothing wrong with a bit of cartoons," I said, grinning. Georgia shoved the blankets off her, stretching her arms. "So, what's for breakfast?"

"I dunno, let's see shall we," I said, heading over to the kitchen. She followed behind me; peeping over my shoulder to inspect the fridge. As I opened it, there was hardly any food in there, besides two eggs (which were probably outdated) one slice of cheese and half a bottle of Barry's orange juice.

"What a sufficient breakfast meal," Georgia said, cringing at the cheese. "Do you guys go through the whole fridge each day?"

"Pretty much yeah," I admitted, shutting the fridge's door close. "Hey, I reckon we go out and get ourselves something to eat,"

"Yeah, but where?" Georgia asked. I shrugged my shoulders, thinking the first thing at the top of my head. "McDonald's?"

Georgia smiled. "Alright, let's go."

Grabbing onto my wallet and the car keys I'd left previously on the counter, the two of us hurried outside in our pyjamas to the car. Jumping into the driver's seat, we drove out and onto the road.

"The others would kill us if they knew we were just getting breakfast for ourselves," Georgia said. I laughed, nodding my head.

"Don't worry, it'll be our little secret," I said, winking, making her laugh this time. "So, I reckon we should get heaps of hash browns, pancakes and anything else you'd like."

"Yeah sure, sounds good to me," Georgia said. I took a swift turn, pulled up into the drive thru of McDonald's.

"Hi what can I get you?" the worker asked through the speaker. After getting our orders and paying, we drove back home, praying that the others were still asleep.

"So, first meal at the guys' residence, how is it?" I asked, taking a bite out of my McMuffin.

"It's delicious," Georgia said. "I give it ten out of ten. But next time make sure you have a full fridge with proper food."

I chuckled. "I'll make sure of that, don't you worry." As we continued chatting, I began to grow more of a liking to Georgia. Yeah she was kind of awkward, but it was cute. Which made her more intriguing.

"I'm just gonna go wash my hands," I said, getting up from the table. "Make sure to hide the rubbish or we're screwed."

"I will don't worry," Georgia said, chuckling a little. As I hurried down the corridor, I heard some muffled yelling. I stopped, listening in. It was coming from Harry's room. Quietly, I went over to his door, pressing my ear against it.