Chapter Fourteen: Snaps & Slaps

Sofia's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of squawking seagulls in my ear, which is something different from the ordinary alarm clock. I felt the ground beneath me, touching the warm grainy sand. Since when did I pass out here on the beach?

Then I remembered.

Holy shit that was one crazy night.

Zayn slept beside me, and seemed to have made himself a sand blanket to keep warm. I laughed to myself, lightly poking his cheek.

I think that last night's events made me have an epiphany. Realise a few things that be need to be fixed and resolved. Better myself as a person, really.

"Wake up sleepyhead," I said.

Zayn groaned, shading the sunlight from his eyes. "I hate the sun."

"Well as much as you hate it we've gotta get back to the house," I said. "They are gonna start asking questions about where we were last night." Expecially since it was past 3:00pm according to my iPhone.

"Of course they will," he said with a wink.

Zayn suddenly sat up and kissed me, which took me by surprise. "Good afternoon by the way."

By the time we left mine, well now 'our' secret place, the others were outside creating some sort of campfire.

"Hey Zayn?"

"Yeah?"

"With us.... do you think you could keep it a secret till I sort of few things out?" I asked.

"Of course," he said. "As far as the others know, we were both passed out on the beach."

"Here they are! Finally woken up from their drunken slumber god knows where!" Louis yelled out. The two of us laughed, hurrying over to see what the boys were up to.

"What's all this for?" Zayn asked.

"Decided to have a bit of campfire fun on the beach," Liam said. "Bring out the marshmellows and such."

"Sounds like fun," I said. I noticed Harry staring at me while moving some firewood, which only made me resent him even more.

"Hey Sof!" Georgia called out from our house. "The renovators finished up so we can move back in now! Hurry up and move your stuff back in!"

"Yeah I will just lemme grab my things!" I yelled back to her.

"I'll be right back," I said, excusing myself from the boys. As I began to walk away, I noticed Harry follow behind. Great, what does he want now?

"Sofia can I talk to you?" he asked, stepping into pace with me.

"Why, trying to worm your way into my pants again?" I snapped. "I don't think so."

"No nothing like that," he said. "I just wanted to apologise for being a dick to you last night."

I sniggered. "You? Apologising? Isn't this something new."

Harry rolled his eyes. "I'm serious. I kinda had some sort of flashback last night which made me go over how I was now, and I kinda wanna clean up my act."

"Looks like I wasn't the only one who had an ephipany," I remarked. "Alright Harry, I forgive you. But we're strictly friends and nothing more. Got it?"

"Got it," Harry grinned. "See ya Sofie,"

He ran back to the others, continuing to help move the wood. I laughed, shaking my head at him. I wonder what happened with him last night.....