Chapter 3 - A daughter's wish

Kaysia

"Hello, Kira!" Bria said with a smile on her face. "Mommy, who is she?" My baby asked. "She's your Tita Bria. A very special friend of mommy." I gave my daughter a smile. "Gosh, she looks just like you!" Bria commented, caressing Kira's cheek as they spoke to each other. Bria and I were back in the same cafe we've been three days ago. Dinala ko si Kira with me since Bria so badly want to meet her.

"Does anyone else know you're here?" Tanong ni Bria while looking at Kira eat her strawberry cheesecake she'd ordered for her. "I mean.. Besides me, that is."

"No, you and my family lang, Bria." Sagot ko naman. Sila lang naman talaga ang pakay ko eh. "That's good. The less people to know, the better." Bria commented and I nodded, agreeing with her.

"Anyway, kailan ang balik nyo sa London?"

"Next week. Sa Friday." Sagot ko naman. "Eh? Two weeks lang kayo dito?" Bria said, sounding disappointed.
"Yes. The only reason kung bakit ko dinala si Kira dito ay para mameet nya ang pamilya ko. It wasn't planned but that includes you too."
"Aw.. An awfully short time then." Bria pouted. "Anyway, does your fiancé even know that you're together with me right now? Bria ha? Sampalin talaga kita." Banta ko kay Bria. Alam ko namang out of all people, saakin at sa fiancé nya lang open si Bria. "Hoy Bes! Grabe ka naman! Keep shut ako about dito no!" Bria sassed. She's still the same Bria from 6 years ago.
"Good, Bria." I smiled. I know mapagkakatiwalaan ko si Bria but I just wanted to make sure.

"Oh my god, late na ako sa work ko!" Bria gasped. Agad nya akong niyakap at hinalikan si Kira sa pisngi. "Laters nalang, Asia! I need to run na! May meeting pa kami ng mga employees ko!" She said, running towards the door on her 4 inch high heels. Wala na akong nagawa kundi mag wave sakanya. She sent us some flying kisses on her way out.

I sighed and looked at Kira. "I guess it's time to go home na, my angel." I told her. She had strawberry jam scattered on her face. I took a napkin and wiped them all off. "Okay mommy." Kira answered. Tumayo na ako para ligpitin and pinagkainan namin pagtapos ay tinulak ko na ang stroller nya. I know Kira is old enough to not need a stroller but it's easy for me than letting her walk on her own. She's a kid. Who knows what could happen? Baka mamaya, mawala sa paningin ko ang anak ko, it might give me a heart attack. Madami pa namang tao sa mall. Just to be safe and to prevent my daughter from being tired. Kira's a good girl but as I've said, bata palang yan. Once mapagod, may tendency'ng maglabas ng hissy fit yan. Although that rarely happens with Kira.

On our way out, nakasalubong ko si Kayden together with some of his mates.

"Ate? Anong ginagawa mo dito?" Tanong ni Kayden. "Tito!" Kira beamed. "Hello little one!" Bati naman nito sa anak ko.

"Inilabas ko lang si Kira. Nagkita kami ng kaibigan ko." Sagot ko naman sakanya.

"Baby, sino yan?" One of his mates asked. "That's my big sister, idiot."

"Hello, I'm Asia. Kayden Joshua's big sister." Pakilala ko sakanila. "Ay, hello po ate! Boyfriend po ako ni Kay— Aray! Joke lang eh!" Singhal nya matapos syang sikuhin ng kapatid ko. "Greg po ang pangalan ko. That's AJ right there." The other one presented. Ah, the names are familiar. Kayden have mentioned them to me before.

"Tito, Tito! Where are you going?" Kira asked. Seeing her Tito Kayden, nasa energetic mode nanaman sya. "Sa Quantum! Ate, do you want to come with us?"

"What's Qwuantuwm?" Kira asked, making a funny face as she tried to pronounce the word right. "You'll have to look after Kira, Kayden." Hey, it wouldn't hurt to have Kira hang out with my brother, right? Since wala naman kaming gagawin sa bahay right now, I might as well let my daughter have fun. "Oo naman! Ako pa!" Kayden grinned.

So off we went to Quantum. They played different games. Kira's too excited about the tickets. Mostly, they played basketball with Kira standing on the counter. Ako naman, dumiretso sa kaharap na shop para tumingin ng damit. I kept my eyes on Kira and the others, of course. In the end, I ended up buying three dresses for Kira and one party dress for myself. I promised Bria I'd go night clubbing with her one of these days before ako bumalik ng London. Since I've taken responsibility of being a full time mom to Kira, I don't go clubbing anymore so wala akong masyadong party dresses.

And since I don't have a car, Kayden gave all of us a lift including his mates. Kira now has a car seat, after pestering Kayden for it. She's fast asleep already with a big white teddy bear the five of them won from Quantum. After dropping off his mates, we headed for home.

Later that night, nakahiga ako sa tabi ni Kira sa kama ko.

"Mommy, daddy is an angel now, right?" Tanong ni Kira saakin. I was reading a book about a young guardian angel that protects little children at night when they go to sleep. It's one of her favorite bedtime stories. "Yes, honey." I whispered softly.

"Do you think he's out there? Watching over us?" Kira asked, yawning. She must've been very tired. Hinimas ko ang buhok ng anak ko. I feel so sorry for her. I told her that her daddy died even before she was born. What was I supposed to do lalo na kung hinahanap ng anak ko ang tatay nya, hindi ba? Besides, he's almost as good as dead. Because the two of them will never get the chance to see each other.
Mas gugustuhin kong ipaalam sa anak ko na patay na ang daddy nya kesa naman umasa at magantay sya na babalik si Silver saamin someday.

"Of course, Kira. He's your guardian angel, diba?" I smiled. Her eyes reminded me so much of him. Bawat tumitingin ako sa mata ng anak ko, nakikita ko si Silver. I miss him so badly.

Kira closed her eyes.

"Are you going to sleep now, anak?" Bulong ko habang hinihimas ang pisngi nya. Kira shook her head but kept her eyes close.

"No, mommy. I'm asking something to papa God." Bulong nya pabalik. Inantay ko syang matapos. "Amen.." She said finally and opened her eyes.

"What did you wish for, baby?" Curious kong tanong. Kira smiled at me.

"I wished for daddy, mommy.. It's the only gift I have left unanswered." Kira said softly. Napasinghap nalang ako. I pulled her closely and kissed her forehead.

"Soon, baby.. You'll have a daddy." Bulong ko sakanya. Soon when mommy finds the right guy. Someone who will open up her heart again. By then, you'll have someone to call as your daddy. Someone who's better than Silver ever will be. A daddy that deserves an angel like you.

"Mhm.. I feel it, mommy.. I think papa God has finally heard my prayers." Kira snuggled closely to me. Hindi na ako sumagot. A few moments later, Kira's already sound asleep. Ipinikit ko na rin ang mga mata ko. I need some rest too.

But before I wandered off to dreamland, I heard Kira mutter something again.

"I love you, daddy."

That night I dreamt of Silver. That he was right here together with me and Kira. Something that will never happen.. But it sure was a good dream.. How I wish it never ended..