Chapter 1 - Home Sweet Home

Kaysia

"Mommy, are we there yet?" My little angel asked. "Not yet, angel. We have to wait for your Tito Kayden to come pick us up, yea?" I said, taking a sip of my caramel frappucino. I swept off the hair covering my little angel's face. Halos 15 hours ang tinagal ng flight namin from London to Manila but my baby still looked like an angel. She gazed at me with those soft hazel eyes of hers. Just like her father, the dominating color was emerald green.

"Mommy, don't you think it's a bit hot?" She said, scrunching her cute little nose. Nasa loob kami ng airport. The aircon is running but the change of temperature sure won't go unnoticed. All her life, we've lived in London. "It sure is, honey. Nasa Philippines tayo, remember?" I chuckled, leaning over the table para abutin ang kanyang pink na sippy cup. "Drink up, angel. We have to make sure you're well hydrated." I watched as she took a sip from her pink sippy cup.

"What is taking Tito Kayden so long?" Tanong ng anak ko while putting down her sippy cup on the table. Sadly, I do not have my little brother's phone number. Shit, I should've asked Tita Gigi for it!

It's been six years since I've last been here in my home country. You see, I left even before my daughter was born. She's 5 now and happiest as she could ever be. She's my heart and my joy. The source of my happiness. I love my baby to death.

Ever since I left home, it was my Tita Gigi who took me in. Dinala nya ako sa London. I got an argument with my father about my daughter's father. You see, I didn't want to name him. Daddy got mad and told me he wouldn't let a bastard be raised inside his home so I flee from them, cutting all ties and abandoning everything and going to London to seek for my aunt's help. It is also because of my Tita Gigi why me and my daughter is here right now. Now that we've all reconciled, gusto kong bumalik. Gusto kong ma-reunite sa pamilya ko, but this time, I'm taking my daughter with me. I want her to recognize them as her own family. And I want her to be officially a part of our family. This would be the first time she's ever going to meet them. I want her to know that even though she doesn't have a dad, she still has her loving grandparents, Uncle and her Aunt.

"Be patient, anak. He's probably stuck in traffic." I sighed. Knowing how traffic flows heavily here in Manila, I wouldn't blame my brother for being late.

My phone rang. It's my auntie.

"Yes, Auntie?" I answered. "Asia, what happened? Nasa pinas na ba kayo?" She asked. It's good to finally hear a familiar voice other than my daughter's. "Yes, we're waiting for Kayden." Sagot ko. "He's very late."

"Do you want his number? I forgot to give it to you yesterday, hija." And at that exact moment, a bloody handsome young lad came in, wearing a ray ban sunglasses, Airmax, jeans and a gray hoodie. Is that... Kayden?!

"No thanks, Tita. He's here now, I think." Sambit ko sa telepono. Though I'm not sure. Is that really Kayden? Wow, he looks a bit... Manlier.. Than before. My idiotic little brother finally turned into a hottie, eh?
"Is that so, nak? Alright. Say hi to our little angel for me, yea? I've got to go now. Enjoy love." Paalam ni Tita at pinatayan ako ng telepono. Typical Tita Gigi, always busy with her work.

Kayden scanned the room, looking for me.

"Angel, you stay right here and don't you ever move, okay? I think it's your Tito Kayden right over there." Bilin ko sa anak kong busy sa pagda-drawing sa sketch pad nya. "Okay mommy."

I stood up straight with my chin held high. Naglakad ako papunta kay Kayden, my heels clicking with the tiled floor.

"Kayden?" I asked. The idiot looked at me, his mouth wide open. "Ate?" He gasped at nagkumahog na alisin ang sunglasses nya. Hindi ko na napigilan at niyakap na sya. My little brother has grown so much ever since I left!
"Woah, Ate! I did not recognize you!" He said, his voice sounded amazed. "Why? Am I that pretty?" I smirked. "Yes! I mean— ew no! Well.. A bit. I can't believe I'm seeing you in a dress." He chuckled and eyed me from head to toe. "And those killer heels! My god, are you really my sister?" He joked.