Chapter 6 - Silver

Kaysia

"Bria!" I called out to Bria. God, there's a lot of people here. "Ano ba, Asia! Loosen up! Drink this!" Bria handed me a shot of tequila. "10am ang flight namin ni Kira bukas, Bria. Hindi ako pwedeng magpakalasing." Paalala ko sakanya. "Bitch you haven't even drank anything yet." Bria commented and passed the glass right into my hand. I sighed but did what she wanted. What's the point of going to the club if I'm not gonna drink, right? I'm supposed to be having fun! It's my last day to spend some time with my best friend!

After a few shots, I was already calm and was already in the mood to party. The music is loud at maraming tao sa dance floor. It feels like bumabalik lang kami ni Bria sa mga teenage days namin noon. We used to be wild party animals back then.

Bria and I tried lots of different beverages. She knows the bartender anyways so we got to have a discount. Lucky, ain't we? Well, libre naman to lahat ni Bria eh.

"Asia, let's hit the dance floor!" Bria offered and grabbed me by the hand. I'm a bit drunk already. But hey, this is fun. So I followed Bria's lead and we went to the dance floor together.

We danced to the music the DJ was playing. Nakisiksik kami sa gitna ng dance floor ni Bria. Seems like most of the people here knows her. She's probably a regular here then?

"Go away, I have a boyfriend already." Bria scoffed to the man who's been pestering her to dance with him ever since nakarating kami ng dance floor. "What about your pretty little friend here, then?" He said. I could tell he's mad drunk. Ugh. "Off limits ako, Kuya. I have a daughter already." Pagtawa ko. I don't even know why I'm talking to him. He looked like a sick bastard with those eyes and... His style.. Ugh.. Must be the alcohol.

"Halika na nga, Asia! Lipat tayo!" Bria said and grabbed me. Lumipat kami ng pwesto. Pareho kami ni Bria na lasing na rin pero self conscious paren, of course. Until a man started grinding behind me.

"Go for it, bestie." Bria whispered and grinned at me before pushing me over to the guy. Agad naman ako nitong sinalo. Damn that Bria! I know exactly what she's trynna do.
"Hey Bria!" I called as I watched her walk away from us.

Bria looked back, did a few hip thrust and laughed. Oh god! Is she telling me to screw this guy?! Baliw talaga ang best friend ko!

"You're friends with Bria?" The guy behind me asked. "She left." He chuckled. "Yea, guess it's just me and you now." Sagot ko. "Why haven't I seen you before?"
"I'm just here for a visit, that's why. And yes, Bria is my best friend."

"Oh? I'm Francis, by the way. You are?" He asked as we danced together. "Asia." Pakilala ko. I let out a squeal when he pulled me by my waist closer to him. "You're pretty."

"I have a daughter."
"Wanna make it two?" He winked. Natawa ako. "Jerk." I said, punching his chest. Jesus, baka naman playboy itong Francis na ito? Nako, masakal ko lang talaga yang si Bria if she hooked me up with a damn playboy! "I mean I could be a father." Bawi naman nya with a flashing smile.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I chuckled. Gosh, am I really flirting with him? I don't even know him, the hell?
"Only if you would let me." He smirked.

Tumalikod ako at hinanap si Bria through the sea of unfamiliar faces surrounding me. She's not here. I pulled my phone out from my purse. Alas dose na ng gabi. I sent a text to Bria telling her we should probably head home. I put my phone away and turned back around to dance with Francis in the mean time.

But what surprised me was that a pair of emerald hazel eyes met my golden ones. I gasped. This is not Francis.

He snaked his arms around my waist, preventing me from going away. He pulled me closer.

There's something about those eyes. They look so fierce and dangerous. I'm having a bad feeling about this.

I looked at the gorgeous man in front of me. Everybody else around us were dancing while the both of us stood still, looking at each other. His eyes.. It's like they're pulling me deeper.. Not letting me tear my gaze away from them.

I gazed around to find Francis. I saw him walking away, looking at me with a scared expression. "Franc—" I tried to go after him pero mahigpit akong niyakap nung lalaki. Damn it! Is he a perv or what?!

With all my strength, I pushed him, prying away from his embrace. It seemed like it didn't affect him at all but it was strong enough to get him off of me.

Nagkatitigan kaming uli. Those eyes are kind of familiar. I've seen those eyes before..

Realization hit me. Kira.. The same eye color Kira has.. No way..

"You.." Impit kong sabi. No no no no no!

Why is he here?! Oh god, he's seen me!

Napuno agad ako ng takot. Halos nagising ata ang diwa ko at nawala ang pagkalasing ko. I immediately ran off. Biglang bumigat ang dibdib ko. That's Silver right there. I'm sure of it! Even if I didn't recognize him at first, alam kong si Silver iyon at wala ng iba.

I desperately looked for Bria. My eyes were blurry from the tears and I'm shaking so bad. I kept looking back, trying to see if he was following me. Thank god he wasn't! I pushed pass the sea of people crowding in the dance floor.

When I finally found Bria, I grabbed her immediately. "Bria, we have to go!" I said, fighting back the tears. "Asia? Are you crying? What the hell happened with Francis?" Bria said, grabbing my arm. "Bria, we need to go! Umuwi na tayo!" Giit ko at hinila na sya palabas. Nauna akong maglakad. The cold night breeze touched my skin the moment I went out of the door. I shivered and hugged myself to keep myself from freezing.

"Asia! Asia! What the hell? Talk to me!" Worried na sabi ni Bria, trying to catch up to me. "Anong problema mo? Why are you like this? Did Francis do anything to you?" Bria asked.

"It's not Francis, Bria." I sobbed. Bria looked at me, looking confused as ever.

"It's Silver.. He's here, Bria.. And I saw him!"