How are you?

Hey everyone!! Its been a while but things have finally been leveling out with school so I just kinda wanted get back to writing and I miss this story. So I hope you like it and please enjoy!

**************************

Sams pov

I twisted the ring around my finger, feeling the familiar chill of the metal and warm feeling in my heart. I sighed dreamily as I thought of the chocolate eyes and smooth black hair. His warm hands and large chest. Soft words breathing into my ear as I-

"Hello! Sir, can you help me!?"

I was suddenly woke out of my day dream. There was an old woman standing across the counter with a hand on her hip and an eye brow raised. She held a pile of clothes on her hand and I finally realized what was going on. Work yes, oh yes.

"Yea of course sorry." I apologized as I quickly rung her up and tried to look sorry. Soon, she left with a disapproving stare and I seemed to deflate back behind the counter. Ughh I haven't been able to stop thinking about Alex all day. I looked around to the clock on my phone and realized I only have a couple of minutes left.

Today was the day of our date. I was so nervous, he makes butterflies burst into dance throughout my body. I can't help but want him so bad, Alex and I had been texting throughout the week but he was often too busy with work to call. I still wondered about his job but I know that he would tell me when he is ready.

Finally my shift ended and I was able to check out. As I made my way from behind the counter to the employees room I tried to think of what I should wear tonight, I wanted to look nice but also not look like I'm trying to impress him even though I was. I pushed open the door and made it over to my locker and pulled out my bag and turned around to my coworker Mark.

Mark had the shift after me and has for the past 3 years. His hair was long and stringy, and eyes dark. Finally a row of yellow teeth accompanied by the smell of cheap cologne. He had of course been hitting on me even though he was 10 years older than me. I was completely disgusted by him.

"Hey sexy, how are you?" He leaned up against the locker doors and I just about rolled my eyes.

"I'm not in the mood right now Mark, could you just leave me alone." I said fitting my sweat shirt over my torso. He frowned and grabbed my arm pulling me closer to him.

"Oh come on why don't you give in already." I pulled my arm away from him roughly wishing Alex were here right now. But I was a big boy, I could handle it by myself for now. I just hoped that Mark didn't get very desperate someday and turn violent.

Before Mark could say another word I walked out tightening my jacket around my body trying to put some warmth into my bones again. I walked to my car trying to get my mind off of Mark, Why do I attract all the crazy ones?

Once I got into my car I relaxed driving home rocking out to Panic! at the Disco. Once home I made it into the kitchen lured by the smell of cookies obviously knowing my mom was home.

My mom and I had been in an abusive house hold with my father until the night I had called the police on him. She had raised me for the rest of my life being the wonderful strong woman she was, working three jobs to keep me in school. I loved her to death.

Stepping into the kitchen to see my 5'3 mother swaying to a pop song on our radio, her vibrant hair pulled into a messy bun she twirled around and jumped when she noticed me. I smiled and she smiled back. "Hello Sammy dear, how are you?"

She questioned and I shrugged grabbing a cookie off of the counter and sitting in a chair by the bar. "I'm okay but I couldn't really focus today."

"Oh why my sweet boy." she said brushing the hair from my face I smiled, God I was such a mommas boy. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by a buzzing. My mom pulled her phone from her pocket and sighed in aggravation. "Uh damn, I need to go into work, some emergency at the diner."

I looked up and finally noticed that she was wearing her work uniform, I sighed and nodded. "Its okay mom, I have plans with Dylan anyway." I lied and she smiled sadly.

Soon my mom left heading to work leaving my to my own devices. I quickly made my way up stairs choosing an outfit for the night. After a while of debating I choose a comfortable light blue button down and skinny jeans that showed off my ass. I hope Alex liked it. At that thought my cheeks burst into red and I covered my face.

I laid back on my bed saying a silent prayer that I wouldn't mess this up. The doorbell woke me out of my thoughts and suddenly I couldn't breathe any longer. I looked at my phone to see exactly 8:00 on the dot, huh punctual.

I grabbed my converse and phone as I ran down the stairs only slipping once. Without thinking I threw open the door and froze. Breathing heavily and wide eyes I stood almost drooling over the man in front of me. He stood, in only jeans and a tight black t-shirt yet simply stunning. His eyes fell on mine and a amused smile graced his lips.

"Hello, kitten how are you?" I smiled as I loved his beautiful accent. I had heard the same question three times throughout the day by three different people yet when Alex said it to me I actually wanted to answer.

"Good, thank you. You look great." I just about whispered to the floor.

He curled his hand around my chin and lifting it so our eyes met and I blushed. "Thank you love, you are as beautiful as always."

He pulled his other arm up and I just noticed a bundle of roses fitted in his strong tan hand. He held it to me and I took them shocked. "Now shall we be going?"

I looked into his wonderful hazel eyes and almost melted, finally I nodded and took his hand as he walked me to his car.