Meeting The Devil

Whoops!

Boris^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

**************************************************

Samuels pov

I stared in front of me trying to slow my frantic heart beat. Blinking the tears out of my eyes was getting increasingly harder every minute. I stared at the road as it flashed in front of me fast. I listened to the man next to me in a sort of daze. Only hearing everything in short bursts. Capturing sentences as the puzzle pieces fell slowly into place.

'I'm the boss of a highly successful Russian mafia in the underworld.' he was saying and I looked up in shock. His eyes were laced with worry but in a flash all I could see was the man holding a bloody knife death living in his eyes like it was supposed to be there. It would explain a lot, the money, the gun, and the dark nature that has been hanging around him ever since we first met.

I was terrified.

Yet I wasn't terrified for the reason that you wouldn't think of. I was terrified because I still found myself attracted to him.

I could still see the chocolate center of what is normally black eyes. I could still see the red roses in the blood stain on his shirt. Or the soft skin of his hands with which he had just broken a mans neck with only minutes ago.

I took a deep breath trying to build my courage to speak. "So... w-why me?" I stuttered out shakily rubbing my hands together nervously.

He looked away from the road. "When a future heir to a mafia is born the current boss is supposed to chose and future spouse for the heir, or a Donna. You were chosen years ago when I was only a boy. I believe you were visited by a man with a box and a ring?"

I couldn't help but blush although I also wanted to throw up. Realization flushed my system about what he said and I sat up straighter looking at him finally. "So you never actually liked me? You just talked to me because of the fact that your father told you to?" Anger flushed my chest.

The car stopped suddenly and pull off to the side of the deserted road on the way back to the city. Boris groaned from the backseat and he muttered something low in Russian. I looked back at him. His hard face was sheet white and he held his shoulder where a dark red stain grew slowly. I attention was turned towards Alex again as he huffed and grabbed my hand.

"Don't be silly. I just met you through my father." He stared into my eyes as rain started to fall from the grey clouds above the car. His face slipping out of his normal boss mode, into what I could only describe as desperation. His dark eyebrows knitted together in worry and his mouth fitted into a tight line. "Look, this is not the way I wanted to tell you this. I know its scary and unsure. But, if you give me the chance I will take care of you and never let you get hurt again. I have frankly fallen in love with you these past few years and I am not ready to let you go for good. I will give you your space and you can take all the time you need but I can NOT let your baby blues go Маленький котенок" (Little kitten)

I was speechless as he looked at me softly and lifted a hand to brush a tear from my cheek. I gulped and heard a gasp from the backseat. It broke both Alex and I out of our moment together as our eyes flashed to Boris. He was stared eyes wide at Alex, I could feel Alex's guard go back up as he realized that his subordinate was listening to his entire confession. "Can you take me home?" I questioned softly and I turned to the front sighing softly.

Alex nodded solemnly and turned to the wheel. The drive to my small home was quiet as I thought. Anger and fear drained out of me as exhaustion filled my body. My muscles were sore and my tailbone hurt from the angry Italian that is laying bloody in a parking lot somewhere. When we pulled to the front of the street I gulped and pulled the words from my chest.

"I like you a lot too." His eyes snapped to me in shock, I kept my eyes on my front door and I continued on. "I just... Its scares me. I'm not a violent person. I've never liked violence. Blood makes me want to puke, and guns are loud." I stopped trying to slow my increasingly fast breathing as Alex's hand captured mine.

"I just need time to think about it. A lot has happened tonight, and I'm sorry but its been too much." I let in a shaky breath and he nods.

"Thank you.. just Thank you" Alex sighed as if a weight was lifted off of his shoulders and I almost laughed.

"I think this is the most feeling I think I've ever seen you have."

He blushed slightly in the pale light of the street lamps. "I think it is the most feelings I have had ever had."

I giggled and opened the door to the car and slipped out to run through the rain to my front door. As I entered the front door my hands shook violently. Although I still some how like Alex still, I wont be able to let this go. The image of his dark eyes landing on a bloody figure in light of headlights was imprinted on my eye lids forever. My fear grew larger in my throat and I almost started crying again.

What the hell did I get myself into? I thought pushing my head into my hands.

*******************************

Thanks for reading!