Chapter 22

Five Months Later...

Killian and Emma ended up having a fairytale themed wedding. Everything was covered in lights and flowers. It was held on a beach nearby. David was Killian's best man and Mary Margaret was Emma's maid of honor. All the staff that they were close friends with, and Emma and Killian's friends came. After much discussion, Emma talked Killian into inviting his father. Brennan came, well dressed, and actually sober. He was touched by the fact that his son had invited him to his wedding.

At the after party, Emma changed from her wedding dress into a beautiful, green dress. The dress came down to her mid thigh, and had short sleeves. Easier to move and breathe in, as she had put it. The after party was in the ballroom of The Swan. Everyone danced, drank, and had a good time. But during Emma and Killian's second dance together, Emma caught a glimpse of the last person she had expected to see on her happy day.

"I'll be right back." She told Killian, and kissed his cheek. She stepped to the corner of the room where Neal stood, drinking a flute of champagne. "I don't seem to remember sending you an invitation." She said casually as she grabbed a flute of champagne for herself.

"You didn't. I just wanted to see you on your day and tell you 'congratulations.' So, congratulations." He said.

"That's not all you wanted, now was it?"

Neal chuckled. "What? Expect me to cause more trouble?"

"Maybe."

"Really. That's all I wanted, Emma. You looked really happy dancing with him."

"It's really hard to hate you when you are acting so nice."

"I hope you don't have to hate me anymore, Emma." He pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek. "I hope you and Killian live happily ever after."

Emma watched as he left, but felt the urge to wipe Neal's kiss off her cheek. She couldn't help but think that he was up to something. For someone who wanted to sabotage her a year or two ago, he really turned over a new leaf, and the alarms and sirens in her head wouldn't stop ringing.

A familiar hand wrapping around her waist and brought her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Killian standing next to her. A small smile on his face. "What was that about?"

"Neal. He stopped by."

"That's strange."

"Yeah, it is. But, we shouldn't worry about that now. " Emma shook her head and turned around, and wrapped her arms around Killian's neck. "We should get the cake."

He chuckled. "You've been waiting for that all night, haven't you?"

"Maybe I'm just excited about the fact that I get to smear it all over your face."

"So hurtful, Swan." He kissed her nose and they went to the wedding cake. A special blonde haired bride and dark haired groom figure stood at the top of it. Killian clinked a fork against a glass, capturing everybody's attention. "Today couldn't have been better. I have my friends and family around me today, all to celebrate marrying the love of my life,-"

"Cut the crap, Killian! Cut the cake!" Emma whispered behind him. Everyone laughed and watched as Emma and Killian cut the cake. They took out a slice and Emma stuck her finger into it, and gave him a smirk. "I love you!" She wiped it on his nose. The room erupted into laughter.

"Oh, Swan, I love you too." Killian wiped his finger, covered in cake and icing, on her cheek. There were flashes from across the room. They wiped the cake off their faces and moved out of the way, making room for the guests to get their cake.

As Killian and Emma watched everyone, there was a sudden tap on Killian's shoulder. He turned around, bringing Emma around with him. She stood in front of a dark haired man with blue eyes. Killian's father.

"You two are precious." He said, slightly tipsy. "I just wish that I would have been there to see you fall in love, son."

"It's okay, father." Killian said. "I just know that you will be going back to your old ways after you get back home."

Emma hit him on the chest. "Don't."

"I'm really trying to change, son." Brennan said in a pleading voice.

"Please." Killian scoffed. "That's what you always say, and it's never going to change. You just don't know how to stop lying, do you?"

"Killian." Emma scolded. "Stop it. This is not the place to cause a scene."

"No, no, Swan. I'm just stating the truth. Nothing to get your panties in a twist about."

"What do you want me to do, Killian? Tell me how I can make your pain better." Brennan asked.

"Well, you can't reverse time, can you? No! What I really want is for all those years that I cried myself to sleep at night, wishing that I had a dad! Hearing you yell and scream every night was horrible for me. Coming home and seeing you drunk off your arse, broke me. I wanted good memories of you. But all I got, was a terrible childhood."

"I'm really sorry, son."

"If you really were, you would have stopped a long time ago."

A small crowd began to surround them. Emma tugged on the collar of Killian's shirt. "People are starting to stare."

Killian looked around, noticing everyone's eyes on the three. He ran and hand over his face and through his hair. "I need a moment alone." He stepped out without another word.

Everyone started to get back to the festivities. Brennan walked back to his place at his table, but David came up to Emma and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You okay?"

She turned around and put a fake smile on her face. "Yeah. Fine."

"How about we dance?"

She nodded and danced with several people until Killian came back in. He seemed to be much more calm now. After spending a few more hours at the ballroom, him and Emma left to go to the airport before heading off to their honeymoon destination in Dublin, Ireland.