3 - Awake

" Class, we will have a new student today. "

The teacher announced. The atmosphere began to get more hectic when the teacher asked the new student to come in.

" Annyeonghaseyo, I am Lim ChanKyun. "

He introduced himself shortly. His eyes were scanning the class ,each of them, seems like he was searching for someone. He then locked his eyes to a girl at the back of the class, who not paying attention to him at all. She was staring outside the window all the time.

" Changkyun, you may choose your seat wherever you like. "

The girls in the class started to yell his name to sit beside them and some of them gave him a flirty smile.

Ignoring them, he went to the back where the girl he looked just now sat. " Excuse me, can I be your tablemate ? " He asked politely.

She startled a bit when he spoke. She looked at him and nodded her head. " Thank you. " He flashed a smile to her and sat beside her.

The girl started to feel being watched by other girls and she noticed some of them were giving her death glares.Then the class started to begin like usual.

" He should not sit here. "

The girl spoke softly. The new student could heard what she's saying but he act he didnt heard that.

" Okay class. My time has over. Please do page 25 until 30 for the module practise. Hand me over tomorrow. Thank you class. "

After the teacher came out, the girls in the class started to surround the new student.

" Yahh, dont you see we are talking to him ? Move. " One of the girls scolded to the girl who sit next to him. With that, she left the class.

" Hey wait ! " Changkyun tried to stop her but he already been surrounded by the girls.

••••••••••••

" Why he must sit next to me? Why? He will make me more suffer after this. Why he did that? "

Sitting while hugging her knees. She kept repeating saying that. She was in her favourite room.

•••••••••••••

While everyone was still recess, she stayed in the class, doing her favourite hobbies. Drawing.

" Woahh it's beautiful. Can I see that ? " Changkyun said made her startled. " Sorry I scare you. I didnt mean that. " He then sat at his seat.

Before he could looked the drawing closer, she crumpled the paper. "Hey! Dont do that. If you dont want to, let me have it. " He took the crumpled paper from her hand.

" You just dont... " She stopped when he looked at her. " Finally, I can hear your voice. " He said with a smile. She then quickly turned her head infront.

" Can I know what's your name? It's weird when we are tablemate but we dont know each other names. " Changkyun said.

" Areum. " She said shortly.

Areum ? Could it be her ? , he thought.

" That's a beautiful name. " He praised. Areum then turned to him slowly. " Why you want .. to be friend.. with me ? " She asked softly.

" It is because I want to. " Changkyun smiled to her. She just stared at him with unbelievable face.

This is my first time.. I got a friend, Areum thought.

Then the bell rang . That's mean recess time is over. The students started to went back to their own classrooms.

After an hour waiting for the next subject teacher to come in, the class monitor came to the class.
" Mr Jaesuk is not coming today due his illness but he left some works to do. We need to complete our research about Asia and he wants the folio this Thursday. "

" So, we need to go to the library? " One of the students asked. " Yes. " The class monitor nodded.

" Have you done doing your research ? I can help you if you want to. " Changkyun offered to help her.

" I'll see.. " She said. Then a group of girls came to them." Changkyun, let's sit with us in the library! " " Yeah. We also will talk about the school or we can " " Do a school tour! "

The girls were really crazy on him. Areum then wanted to leave as she knew that of course he will go with them. But, otherwise.

" Sorry girls. Me and Areum already planning for the school tour and I need to help her for the research. Right, Areum ? " He grabbed her hand and winked to her.

" W-what? " She widen her eyes.

" We are goin' . See ya! " He pulled Areum to him and left the class.

" Which way to the library? " He asked , still holding her hand.

" Let me go. " Areum tried to pull her hand back. " Oh sorry. Did I hurt you ? " He suddenly realised what he's doing.

" The library is this way. " Areum said while holding her hands. " Is your hands really that hurt ? " Ignoring what she's saying, he concerned about her hands.

" I-I am fine. " She hid her hands at her back. " Okay. Make sure you are beside me while you show me the way to the library. " He said.

•••••••••••

In a small room.

" Why he want to be friend with me ? Why he always smiling to me ? Why ? "

Areum murmured while looking at her hands . She could feels his warm on her hands. This warm is different from the warm of a candle she played everyday with it.

" Is this what we called... life ? "