Chapter 1 edited

Kaitlyn’s P.O.V.

Today was the open house, the day where people get their schedules, exciting right? It was too early in the morning; I had to be at school early because my mom had to help sell things for fundraisers. Fun! Not really, most of the seniors already had their schedules and I was watching juniors file into the lunchroom. I was sitting on a ledge that was outside the lunchroom and texting Liz. I was basically yelling at her to get here faster so that I wouldn’t be bored to death.

I saw a junior that was obviously a prep and new to this school; she looked confused. She had long blonde hair that was straightened and hazel eyes. She was wearing really short jean shorts and a strapless pink top.

"Hey," I called, she looked ignorant.

"What?" she questioned, and then she noticed what I was wearing: a black Asking Alexandria shirt (I’m being special, I think that most people would wear this on the first day of school), black shorts (my mother won’t let me wear skinny jeans during the summer), and purple converse.

"Do you need help with something?" I inquired.

"Yeah, where's the lunchroom?" she requested.

"You’re standing in front of it," I mocked.

"Oh," she understood and went in the lunchroom.

Preps are idiots, I thought.

Five minutes later, I saw Liz walking towards me. I can tell that she wants to scare preps. She is wearing a Picture Me Broken shirt, which is a band that I’m sure no one has heard of; the only reason I know of it is because of Liz, bright pink and neon yellow skinny jeans, and converse boots with chains attached to them. You don’t want me to tell you about her makeup, it’s crazy.

She started poking me, "What are you listening to?"

I forgot I had ear buds in; I took my iPod out of my back pocket and looked at it, "A Skylit Drive."

She nodded, "Can we get our schedules yet?"

"I doubt it," I responded.

She sat sown next to me and stole my iPod.

"What are you doing?" I shrieked.

"Finding something," she reacted.

"Oh god," I assumed, this wasn’t going to be good.

"Found it," she resolved with a smile on her face as I stole my iPod back from her. Of course, she was playing one of the only All Time Low songs I had on my iPod: Therapy.

Connor’s P.O.V.

I walked into the school expecting it to be a major prep factory. It is. Madison will fit in well here. After 20 minutes of aimlessly walking the halls with Lucas, I see two girls sitting on a ledge. Both of them have black hair, one has green eyes and the other has red highlights and hazel eyes. I suddenly think this school might not be so bad, I can clearly see someone who is emo and someone who is scene. The day goes by fairly quickly, all I am doing is walking around my new school, meeting my teachers, who seem to be appalled by what I’m wearing: gray shirt (none of my band shirts were clean) and black jeans, and actually seeing how crappy or awesome this school year will turn out. Personally, I think it will be crappy.