Sand Castle

Our love is like a sand castle. Together, we patiently build up the tiny loose rocks at the shore and gave it enough water to build its strength to stand against the ferocious wind brought by the sea's whisper. We spent our precious time molding its every corner and walls, and caressed its every part carefully and passionately. We sighed with relief and contentment as we sat by the shore and watched the sun set.

Our love is like a sand castle. But just like any other, ours got washed over by the great waves. Regretfully, our eyes locked with each other and watched it disappear together with the waters by the sea. We thought it was strong enough to fight against all odds, but we were wrong. It didn't stand against the waters that once gave its strength. Who should we blame? Haven't we molded it strong enough? Or have we placed it into the wrong spot?

I guess our love was like that sand castle. Yes, it stood against the wind, but not strong enough to withstand the mighty waves. It still got washed over and disappeared like it has never been built. It came back to be just tiny loose rocks that make up the shore. Every now and then I still wonder. I know it's stupid but, can we build that sand castle one more time? But this time, it'll be on a desert...