Chapter 1 The Hunt Begins

It was morning as I awoke from my slumber, with the smell and cool breeze of the sea on my face.Stretching, I sat up inside my small rowboat staring at the notorious Star Island. I was sent here to obtain an item for an entrance exam into one of the best mage schools in my country.Krane Academy, ranked number one for over hundreds of years.The item I seek is called the Yhuji flower, it's the representation of the school.

To retrieve it I'll have to kill the Rao Yhuji which is basically a giant flower monster, the Yhuji flower is the heart.Rao Yhuji are  Rank 7 monsters about 10 ft tall. 8ft long vines with 1 ft steel thorns.It attacks using its thorns as projectiles then whips after launching the thorns.Being a plant I could use fire magic but I can't risk burning the Yhuji flower.As the boat landed on the beach I jumped out on to the sand pulling out sealing paper.Sealing is a modern tool used by everyone in my world, it allows you to store pretty much everything of any size.Holding out the paper I placed my hand on it releasing a pentacle off the paper.Rapidly enlarging it engulfed the boat and returned to the paper.

Placing the sealing paper in my shirt I began making my way towards the center of the island. Making my way through the forest I sent out mana sending it like a sonar, challenge picking up on anything in a 10 meter radius.While searching I just began to realize something very important.Other people will be trying to search for the Rhao Yhuji as well.Meaning it's challenge to who gets it first.Then after you get it there is the matter of defending it from other people.

As I continually walked through the forest I saw a clearing with a large black and red flower in the center.Summoning a katana I slowly approched the flower carefully watching for vines. Ok you stupid flower time to carve you. Entranced on the flower I felt something cut my ankle from behind and the next thing I knew I was flung in the air. It had placed it's vines underground and snuck up behind me. It's a plant how did I not think of this!!!!!!!!!!!

Summoning a second katana I quickly blocked to two rushing vines as they burst from the ground below. Summoning my blades was no problem as I have 5 sealing papers around my body allowing me to summon weapons at a moments notice.As a volley of vines came from underground rushing at me I parried and used my sword like a board as I rode down the intersecting vines.

Blocking more vines and projectiles I jumped off the vine towards the trees trying to cover some distance.I watched as the vines returned to where it came fround the ground hovering in a wiggly pattern. Suddenly the vines all whipped at me hurdling metal spikes at me from all directions. I used my zanbato as a shield taking the full bombardment of the spikes being pushed back several feet in to a tree.Well atleast i'm out of range. All it can do now is hurl spikes at me.Switching back to my two katannas I rushed the rhao yuji as the vines coiled coming straight at me. I dodged it as it impaled the ground swiftly receding back to it's original position. Charging again the coiled vines came at as I prepared to dodge when they uncoiled and attacked from all angles.

Striking down all incoming vines I saw a opening and went to charge the main body of the rhao yhuji. Preparing to attack the plant a unseen vine came from underground grazing my face and knocked me to the ground. All the vines curved and came at me slicing my arms and legs piercing in to the ground. Narrowly escaping I lost my balance as I rolled on to the ground. Gathering myself I got slowly trying to recover. The vines coiled together once more heading towards me. Thinking fast I dispersed my two blades summoning a zanbato as I took the full force of the coiled vines.

I was knocked back from the clearing in to a tree. The rhao yhuji fired it's metal projectiles, narrowly dodging I received a few scrapes. Dispersing the zanbato I ran behind a nearby tree and began to strategize breathing heavily. It seems I can't try to dodge it and attack because I can't keep track of all the vines. If I make it through then it'll just hit me from behind. Or maybe i'll just need a little speed. I thought as grin crept on to my face. Hopefully I don't bleed to death. I thought looking at my tattered clothles with cuts and blood stains.

Walking from behind the tree I turned to face the Rhao Yhuji.I summoned a kattna in reverse grip in to my left hand, the other in to my right regularly and began to chant a spell."Paralda, spirit of the wind I ask thee, to bless thy with the gift of the air." Wind began to gather around me making my body feeling lighter.The Rhao Yhuji sent all it's vines in a all frontal attack.Running straight at it with blinding speed I skillfully sliced all the vines and decapitated the head.Walking up to the Rhao Yhuji I scavanged the inside of it's body.

"Where are you little guy." I mumbled looking further in I saw a small flower that resembled the rhao yhuji. "Finally I found you." I said picking it up. Sealing it inside some sealing paper I stretched out my back.Nearly sliced to death and maimed I needed to find a place to rest that could keep me out of all harm.

I looked around and saw a nearby cave on a medium sized mountain and made my way there.Upon reaching the mountain I acrobactically made my way up to the cave.As I went inside I saw four extravagent lights shinning.It was four elemental stones each the size of a coconut.Elemental stones were used to enchant things and give them the properties of elements.If strong enough the blades could even turn into the elements themselves and produce alot.

I sealed each stone and placed them all in my shirt.Walking up to the cave opening I picked up 2 stones and began a chant."I ask you Gaea, Mother Earth to grant these pawns the power to protect." Placing the 2 stones at the ends of the entrance a purple energy rose between them creating a barrier.Now that I got all that I shall rest and restore my mana.Returning my blades I layed down in a comfortable position and tried to fall asleep. A distance sound of howls caught my attention until I shrugged it off and drifting in to a deep sleep.