Chapter 4 Pass or Fail

Gazing upon the large academy I stood in awe, thinking of how I longed to be here.Krane Academy was a massive school with all the necessities.On the left side was the training grounds. It had a large field with targets and wooden post wrapped with string.

On the other half of the field were separated areas.One with rock,grass, a pond with a patch of land and the last had torches surrounding it. Behind the field was a normal obstacle track around four hundred meters.The track had spikes,pitfalls,pitfalls with long poles to jump on, and rope swings.

Moving on to the right side is the dormitories.Two extravagant medium-sized castles, one for the ladies and the gentlemen. In between was a building connecting both of the castles. In front of the castles were the gardens and a cherry blossom park.

Okay, finished site seeing I walked up to the front doors slowly opening them.Walking inside around two hundred people filled the room all lined up.It was like the lobby of a regular manor.A grand staircase in the center and the upstairs floor.

Everything was made of refined oak wood and in the center of the wall behind where the stairs split was a large banner with a yhuji flower on it.Looking through the crowd I spotted a familiar head.Walking up behind her I began to speak."Hello Yuki." I said in a cheerful voice.

She turned around with a surprised look."Oh hey, glad to see your still alive," she said with a smile."So it's almost time, has anything even happened yet?" I asked with intense curiosity."No noth-," she stopped as a man and women walked down the stairs to the center of the grand staircase."Welcome brave mages to Krane Academy.I am the headmaster Hikaru Hotoka, and this lovely lady next to me is Ms.Kaede Miyuki.She is the head instructor here at Krane.

The fact that you stand here before me proves that you have overcome a great trial, and I must congratulate you all.Now before you may gain admittance to this academy you must pass one more test.There seems to be way too many of you and we may have to narrow it down to around 50 people.Looking around I saw the shocked expressions of almost everyone in the room.But my real focus was on Mr.Hotoka and Ms.Miyuki.

Mr.Hotoka was around five eleven and had short brown hair with hazel eyes.Muscular built while also being very lean.Ms.Miyuki was about five eight with long black hair to her back and blue eyes."To make this easy we will divide you into groups of four, and only fifty per group.After that, ou must combine all your magick into a reader and whoever gets the highest score gets to stay.Now please go outside and form your groups if you may."

A reader was a magical tool used to calculate how much mana you have.I grabbed Yuki's hand and dragged her with the rest of the crowd as they made there way outside going in to their groups. Every group was lined up in front of 4 readers, I was standing at the back with Yuki at my side.

Readers were just giant magical crystals over a special shaped stand with runes.Once you've hit it with magick it will calculate it into a number. Mr.Hotoka stood in front of the 4 groups and began giving us instructions."Okay now,everyone please form all your mana into a condensed ball and send it into the reader. Or use spells either way.Ready set go!!!!!" Placing my arm out with my palm facing up I began focusing my mana into one point.

After forming the ball shape I began to pour all my mana inside.My body began to feel like lead and my head furiously throbbed.I couldn't take much more so I stopped with sweat profusely running down my face.I sent my orb in to the reader increasing it by five thousand.I looked to Yuki and grinned while breathing heavily."If you believe that was anything watch a master in her work." Yuki said sending her orb into the reader.It increased by seven thousand. "Pfft, show off," I said to her rolling my eyes.

" Flame accel!!!!!" A guy yelled spinning himself in mid air. His body was engulfed in flames as a wheel of fire launched from his body striking our crystal. The reader raised by eight thousand as the guy fell to the ground exhausted. Seems things are starting to get interesting.  I seamlessly thought as a  rune appeared above the reader as quick burst of lightning hit the reader. The number increase was eightyfive thousand.

My my my more of these powerful people keep popping up out of knowhere. I better stay on my toes or i'll fall behind. Even though I  with held back my own power these guys are getting really close.

After everyone had finish adding there mana I was filled with joy as our our total was one hundread twenty  thousand beating all the others by a landslide.Mr.Hotoka walked infront of our group and began to speak."I congratulate you all on your hard work.Also, welcome to Krane Academy."