Chapter 8 With Old Nightmares Comes New Friends.

"Okay Kharen that's perfect now kill it." Lioene yelled as I charged the farkus stabbing it. I pulled my blade out as it slumped to the floor. I breathed heavily sheathing my blade. Lione patted me on the back as I turned to smile at him. "I did it..... master." I said as everything began to get cold. The world went utterly black.

I grabbed myself for warmth as I saw Lioene get stabbed through the chest and fall before me. A girl with pitch black hair stained with blood stared at me. Her eyes were a dark violet as they peered straight through my soul. " I have exacted my revenge upon this man. If you wish to end me as well come find me.I shall honor your-" Anger and hatred coursed through me as I quickly beheaded her as her body dipasitaded in to the abyss.

She appeared multiple times surrounding me staring with her fiendish eyes. " If you wish to kill me then keep following your path. We'll cross paths once more." She said as all of her bodies formed in to a single entity. " I'll be waiting for you Kharen......." the combined form said walking through me as it slowly exited this reality.

I ran to Lioene's side as tears swelled up in my eyes.My arms and legs stained with the blood of my master. I bawled in to never ending darkness. A small light within me has now died. My master was all i'd had. Now I was all alone........

I abruptly opened my eyes with a cold sweat. I was in what seemed to be the infirmary. There was a row of beds with white sheets. On the far right was a row of cabinents filled with medicine. Trying to get up I realized my body was pinned down." What the...." I said lifting the covers with my free arm. To my surprise it was Yuki snuggled up on my arm .

I began to violently tremble as I stared at Yuki in shock. She yawned while she strecthed making me freeze in total fear. Why is she sleeping right here next to me. I've never been this close to a girl. How did I even end up here. Did some sort of apocolpyse happen.......Or maybe this is all just a dream. Yeah just a dream......Well it could be real. I said as a smile of delight crept on to my face.

Yuki got up yawning causing me to jump and fall to the floor. "Ahhh why does my stomache hurt." I said cluching my side. Looking down I saw the bandage wrapped around my side. Yuki crawled over the edge of the bed smiling at me.

"Remeber during the spar, after our spells clashed you got speared by a shard." Yuki said apologectily. "Oh yeah....." I replied staring at my wound. " I've been treating you ever since the incident. I do hope you forgive me. I kinda just slept here tonight as well" she said chuckling." Luckily it missed all your organs.

"It's ok, atleast I know I have luck now." I said reassuringly noticing the bags under her eyes. "What's wrong,you look troubled Kharen?" " Yuki have you had any rest?" I asked concerned. "I've had enough......but....." she said beginning to mumble. "But what?" I asked. "Well between classes and training I've been caring for you. I took it upon myself for it was my spell that caused this." She said standing helping me up.

"Just...how long...have I been out?" I asked with concern." Just a week. You didn't miss much." She replied. "You should come to class so you can meet everyone." Yuki said excitedly grabbing my hand and pulling me with her.

" What class do we have now?" I asked." Right now summoning 101." she replied looking back at me. As we turned a few corners and went down some stairs we entered what seemed to be a gladiator arena. In the center was 3 students lined up infront of them a was tall bald man with a scar across his right eye.

" Ahh, hello Mr.Blade please come introduce yourself to the class." Bowing I looked at the people infront of me. " My name is Kharen Blade. Forgive me for my absence as of recent." Raising my head I saw them all staring dircetly towards me. Looking down I realized I was still holding Yuki's hand. Blushing I quickly let go shyly avoiding eye contact.

Following Yuki I stood in line with the rest of the students there. "By the way I am your summoning teacher, Mr. Selvein. Now shall we begins today lesson?" He said pacing back and forth. " Going over all we dicussed the past week. Can someone tell me the basis of summoning?"

A blonde kid next to me raised his hands. "Yes Mr. Dubois." Mr. Selvein said. " Firstly you must commence a ritual. Second you state the spirits race and call it with intent which opens the portal for the spirit to travel here. Lastly you must construct a pact with said spirit by learning it's name. Upon creating this bond a sigil will be granted to complete the contract thus creating a successful pact. After that you must simply create a portal and summon your spirit when needed." He said with a know it all tone. Well it seems we got a smart guy over here.

"That is correct Mr.Dubois. It seems you've been paying attention to the lectures." Mr. Selvein said pleased. " I would expect none the less as I am a member of the Dubois family. Being the son of Rank 3 royal mages only slightly represents my potential." He cockily said flipping his hair to the side.

Oh my spirits this guy is a riot. I'm about to die of laughter. Suddenly I saw him show a flirty smile to Yuki as she turned in a disgusted manner. He slumped having been rejected. I barely contained my laughter as I pathetically watched the guy wallow. Well well seems someone has a crush. Oh how I will tease Yuki of this later.

" Another thing to remember class. Like we've been working on the pass week, remember to affiliate your rituals. If you are summoning a water spirit try to have something that represents water. Also it doesn't have to be a grand festival as long as it connects you to the element. Now I want you all working on rituals for the four elements begin." Mr.Selvein yelled as everyone walked over towards me.

The blonde kid was first as he scanned me up and down. He had straight long blonde hair with light blue eyes. " My name Is Markcus Dubois. It would do you well to remember that name. Hphm." He snobishly said walking off. Yeah and when I smash your face in with my foot I'd bet you would do pretty good to remember that as well. I thought completely annoyed.

Next was a young girl around 11 years old. She had short lime green hair with red glasses. Her eyes matched her hair and she had a scrawny build. " Hello, my name is Antonia. I hope you injury heals soon." she said smiling skipping off. Hmmmm. She seems so nice. Too nice at that. Better keep close tabs on her.

Then a beautiful girl with long blood red hair appeared before my eyes. Her beautiful scarlet eyes looking straight at me. To say in short she had the body of a goddess. " Rika Ayame." she said with her angelic voice. I went on one knee and picked up her lightly pecking it. " The pleasure is all mine Ms.Ayame." I courteously said looking in to her eyes. " My such a gentlemen. But please call me Rika." She pleadingly asked.

"Yes, well I am glad to have been in your presence Rika." I said with a smile. " Why thank you. And also nice abs." She said walking away. It's like a heavenly angel has descended upon this school to watch over me. And she likes my amazing body. I happily thought rising up wiping away a tear of joy.

" Nice moves there man. At least you didn't strike out like marky wonder over there." a voice said laughing. Looking behind me I saw a guy with medium unkempt brown hair. He looked to be the same age as me and was heavily muscular. " By the way name is Leon Vanikelt." He said extending his hand. " Nice to meet you Leon." I replied shaking his hand.

He then walked off as I began to start practice myself. Using my foot I started to draw the symbols of the four elements. This will require direct control instead of secondary. In that case i'll start with fire.

Preparing in to a stance for a kata. I engulfed my right fist in flames.

"Okay let's do this!!"

Hey guys so i've been working hard trying to keep up with school and update at the same time. So i've come up with the perfect solution. Instead of having a specific due date I will update anywhere in between the time period of Monday through Friday. No later no sooner. This way I can keep you on the edge of your sheets or seats wherever you read at while I keep my grades up yaaaaay!!!

Also if there's anything you think I should work on please comment and I'll do my best. And make sure to vote okay.

Goood bye Now !!!!!!!!!