Venefica

Last chapter in Twin Mates: “I’m sure you’re hotter than any nurses in that hospital, so why don’t you come and play nurse for me and Nathan. Although I don’t think Nathan will have any problems walking around with his shirt off in front of the nurses if you don’t want to.” The image of not only my two boys walking around shirtless, but of other women touching them while they’re shirtless have me sprinting through the doors into the hospital.

0000000000000000000000000000000

            Alex’s P.O.V.

“Tssss!” Nathan hissed as I dabbed a wet cloth across a deep gouge wound on his chest. There were three claw marks diagonally across his chest from Kameron. The middle one was deeper, wider, and longer than the two surrounding it. I had made a mixture of herbs to put in the wounds, but first I had to clean all of the Alpha venom from the wounds or they would get worse. Alpha’s have special venom that laces their claws and fangs. The venom is mainly used for defending their pack from other packs. This makes it so only another Alpha even has a chance of fighting an Alpha without dying from the venom on their claws and teeth.

    “How did you learn to make that weird, um, goo that you’re going to put on my cuts?” Nathan asked. He was lying on a towel on the floor against the wall of a hospital room. Because the head doctor of the hospital was an elder in the twins’ pack, he told all the human nurses who didn’t understand why he was letting a teenage girl take care of such grave injuries that by all means should have killed a human that it was one of the ‘special cases. The nurses had no clue what the ‘special’ cases were, but there had been enough of them to let the nurses know that when these cases were labeled ‘special’, to turn a blind eye and follow whatever the doctor said.

“um… well, you see, when I was younger, it was assumed that my brother would be king, so I was still a princess but I wouldn’t have to do anything except find a mate. I still had to stay in the castle for my own safety. As you can imagine I quickly became very bored. We had a witch who lived in the castle who specialized in hearing magic and… you probably don’t want to hear me ramble on and on do you?” I realized that as I had started talking I had become more and more distracted from cleaning his wound and had accidentally started pressing harder on the wounds, making him wince.

                “No, I love learning about you, and just plain listening to you talk… just try not to be so rough, ok?” he gives me a little half smirk that makes my heart flutter, and I just nod mutely , blushing. I turn my head downward toward his chest and start lightly dabbing at his wound. I feel his fingers pulling my chin up so my eyes meet his. His eyebrows draw together and his eyes have a mischievous glimmer in them like always that just draws me in every time.

“I never said you could stop talking.” He smirked. I blushed even more and smacked his shoulder. He hissed in pain and I started to stutter.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry! I-I I didn’t mean to!” I was so embarrassed, but he just smiled at me, his eyes crinkling.

“It’s ok, don’t worry, just keep talking… please? I, um, I like hearing your voice.” He said shyly.

“Oh, okay then if you’re really sure you want to hear this…” He started shaking his head yes, so I started to talk again.

“Well let’s start with the first time I met her…”