100 Candles

Last Chapter in Twin Mates:

When we finally stop, he helps me out of the car. He slowly pulls off the blindfold... I was not expecting what I saw.

A slimy, smelly, swamp. My face dropped.

"Oh." Was the only word that could make its way out of my mouth.

000000000000000000000000000000000000

        “Um, it’s a swamp Kam. Did we get lost?” I ask gently. I looked over, expecting to see Kameron mortified by his mess up, the only thing I see is his face lit up like the fourth of July. He looks so happy, and proud of himself. My insecurities come back and the thought that he was messing with my feelings comes rushing uninvited into my head. I dismiss the idea quickly. I always hate it in my books when the heroine assumes the worst about the guy who obviously loves them. But then again, Kameron just met me… not even the mate bond can make someone fall in love with that fast. It’s not like it takes away your free will, and picks who you are going to spend the rest of your life with. It’s more like a scarily accurate dating website. Weird comparison, I know, but it matches you up with your soul mate. The mating bond is perfect because it stops people from going through their whole lives searching for the person they’re meant to be with, and taking away the doubt of whether or not the person you’re dating is who you’re going to spend the rest of your life with. Even so, people sometimes spend their whole lives searching, and some get rejected. The thought of that happening makes me shiver in horror. That would be terrible.

        “No babe, we’re not lost. Just trust me okay?” he holds his hand out to me, and suddenly I’m reminded of Aladdin holding his hand out to Jasmine, asking her to get on the magic carpet with him. Hopefully Kameron isn’t drown in a lake by a psychopathic pervert… that would be inconvenient. I must have appeared to be off in my own little imagination world, imagining Kameron singing A Whole New World while he held me Titanic style on a magic carpet, because then he snapped his fingers in front of my face.

        “Where planet are you on space cadet? Report!” He said loudly.

        “Planet Disney!” I automatically respond. My face heats up and the only thing going through my mind is ‘That did NOT just happen’ on a loop. Kameron laughs so hard his face turns as red as mine. I send him a glare that would make flowers whither. Not really, I’m not actually that scary. Though if you ask, I’ll say that I’m as terrifying as… like… Hitler or something. (But he is seriously terrifying, Venefica is crazy old, and she met the dude).   

        “Okay Belle, will you let this beast accompany you to a date?” He started to get down on one knee, but then saw the mud on the ground, so his knee just hovered over the ground. He grabbed my hand, kissed it, and then looked up to meet my eyes. I could feel a giant smile work its way onto my face.

        “Of course, but only if you promise to turn into a hot prince eventually.” I wink, feeling more confident than usual. His eyes widen, and he looks down at himself; I’m confused until the next smartass comment comes out of his pink lips.

        “Wow! Look! I’m already a hot prince! Now let’s go!” he shoots up from the ground taking me by surprise and starts walking over to the water’s edge, practically dragging me behind him. The swamp isn’t actually that bad once you look at it. There are lily pads floating on the slightly murky water, and you can hear frogs croaking; not too loud. The most beautiful thing though is the butterflies, they’re everywhere. They’re not overly bright, but soft yellows, oranges, greens, reds, and browns. Breathtaking. I don’t know how I didn’t notice, but Kameron is taking me towards a giant weeping willow. It’s easily the size of a mobile home. It’s set on the water’s edge so most of it is on the ground, but some of the curtain-like branches sweep the water. I’ve seen trees like this in pictures, but never in person. When we finally get to the tree, Kameron turns and grins at me, looking like a child on Christmas. He says nothing, but turns around to face the tree. With the hand that isn’t holding mine, he grabs some of the branches, and pulls them aside, again, much like a curtain. When I see the inside it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. There are fairy lights wrapped around the trunk of the tree, and in the branches of the tree. The little private room created by the tree is cylindrical, with the thick trunk right in the middle. There is a little picnic table placed right by the trunk. There’s candles placed on the table, right next to a basket that’s overflowing with food. Towards the left of me, I can see that about one fourth of this little room is water. Unlike the rest of the pond, this water isn’t murky, but a clear crystal blue; the branches in the water acting as a natural filter. But it doesn’t stop small fish from darting around in the small cove. The grass under the tree is green. I don’t know how this happened because surely it doesn’t get any light during the day. I decide not to question it. By the water’s edge is a large moving box, full of what, I don’t know.