Chapter Two

"Antoine! I didn't expect to see you here." I said with actual surprise.

This academy was intended for intelligent people. I'm not saying he's dumb, but he doesn't seem to know the definitions of simple phrases such as "leave me alone" or "no, I don't want to feel your muscle" or even "yes, I'm sure that I don't want to marry you."

Believe me, I didn't tell him those things only one time.

I secretly think that he just paid an abnormally large quantity in order to attend this school. After all, his family is rich beyond belief. That's another reason that practically every maiden in the village swoons over him, besides his looks.

I'm probably the only lady who isn't blinded by those two details and sees him for who he truly is. An arrogant snob.

Of all people, why'd he have to take a liking to me? Now he constantly follows me around; as if that's going to make me reciprocate his feelings

"Ah, yes. Many people have be surprised when I informed them of my enrollment in this academy. Mother is good friends with the dean of this academy, and they easily reserved me a spot, knowing of my superior medical knowledge."

I blinked. "You actually want to be a doctor? I thought you preferred inflicting pain rather than preventing it."

He chuckled. "Oh Elliana, how I love your sense of humor. Of course I strive to be in the medical field."

Something's not right. Antoine is definitely not the type of person who would become a doctor. He told me himself, a little over a year ago.

Flashback

I was sitting in my chair, quietly reading my high school textbook in the library, when all of a sudden it becomes hard to read the page of the book I am on because a person that came up behind me towered over my sitting figure and blocked the light from reaching my book, causing a shadow to be present.

I instantly knew who it was; for he hadn't left me alone all day.

Without turning around, I acknowledged his presence.

"What do you want, Antoine?" I sighed.

He snatched my textbook off the table, and held it upside down in front of his face.

"How do you find interest in these words scribbled on paper? It's preposterous! What language is this even written in?" he said while furrowing his eyebrows.

I bit my lip in order to stop myself from laughing.

"English." I say while flipping the book in his hands right side up.

"Oh." Antoine mumbled. "Well you don't need this ridiculous waste of time." he says and tosses it into the nearby trash can.

"Antoine! I need that! I have to study if I want to get into Highstead." I explain while fetching the textbook from the trash.

"So you're studying to be a doctor? Well the option is still open if you'd prefer being my assistant for--"

"Yes, I'm going to be a doctor. And like I said multiple times before, I decline your offer. I'd rather not spend my time as..."

I don't even want to explain what it was.

"You know, other--"

"Girls would love to do that job? Well I'm not one of them." I finished the sentence that he's said so many times before.

His mouth opened and closed like a fish, about to say something but thinking against it at the last moment.

"Well I, for one, think that you shouldn't get a medical career, because there's already way too many people with those kinds of jobs."