Chapter 6

Hazel

Hazle watched Leo's eyes widen. " What?! Why? " he demanded. " Because, your not supposed to be here in the first place. " Timber replied. " But the prophecy - " Leo began. " I don't care about the dang prophecy. " Timber interupted. " The only thing I care about is getting you off this island. "

Why? " Leo repeated. " Why do we need to leave? What curse are you talking about? And what do the gods have to do with this?! " Timber shook her head. " I don't have to explain myself. " she said. " Oh, you most cerntainly do. " Leo argued. " Fine, " Timber snapped, stepping up closer to Leo. " You really wanna know? Wanna know why I'm stuck on this damned island? Well I'll tell you. It's because of what I've done, did, and what everyone still expects me to do. Help the enemy. Ya, thats right Leo Valdez, I've fought against the gods before. I fought against them in them in the Titan war, and I also fought against them in the Giant war. Or part of it. I was soldier in the Titan war, and a spy in the Giant war, but during the Giant war I realized that the gods were better than the giants and Gaea. So I confessed to the gods, I turned myself in. Some of them took pity on me, but I was still punished. They sent me to this island, where I can never leave. Every week they were to send a new monster for me to kill, to show my loyalty to them. They said I'd only be here for one year. And you know how long I've been here, Valdez?  Two. Two blasted years, staying on an island, week after week killing monster after monster. Hoping that one day the gods will remember they're promise or see how loyal I've been. But they never have. And here you are saying you want me to help you? On a quest for the gods? To do what exactly? To free me? To help me finally fufill my destiny? Well it's a little to late for that now. "

Leo looked absolutely speachless. " I, " he stammered. " I didn't know. " Timber shook her head sadly.         " No one does, I'm supposed to be a secret. I'm supposed to be the one demigod that no one knows she even exist's. "

Hazel put a hand on Timbers shoulder. " We're sorry about your curse, Timber. I know the gods can be very forgetful sometimes. " Timber smiled at Hazel. " Thanks, and I know you guys don't want to leave, you want to wait until your friends come, and then you guys somehow help me lift me curse. Well, I'll tell you what, I'll make you a deal. You can stay here until your friends arrive, firgure out the prophecy and I'll think about the offer. And when your friends come, I'll make my final decision. Deal? "

" Deal, " Frank, Hazel and Leo said at once. " Good, " Timber said. " Now that thats settled, you guys are probably hungry, right? " Hazel nodded. " Well, let's go back to my place and get some food. " Timber announced. And began to lead them away through the jungle, taking out a large knife and hacking away at the vines that lay in front of them.

" Now, I have to say, I wasn't expecting company. So if the place is a mess, don't blame it on me. " Timber says. " You guys wouldn't happen to be very familiar with tiger meat would you? " Leo shook his head. " Nuh uh, " Timber shrugged. " Tastes sorta like regular meat. You'll get used to the slightly different taste. Oh, and uh, is coconut milk okay? I'll have to stop by the falls to get some fresh water, I forgot to this morning when I was out hunting. "

" Wait, " Leo broke in. " So when you shot that tiger earlier, that was you just hunting for game? " Timber nodded. " Yeah, tiger meat's my main food source, it's very high in protien. Why'd you ask? " 

" Well, I thought it had attacked you or something when I saw that scratch on your cheek. " Leo said. Timber laughed. " Oh no, it didn't attack me. I was hunting, and after watching it for a few minutes without being seen, I heard a noise and when I turnned back the old cat was right at my face. She swiped at me with her paw, caught me on the cheek. I shot it in it's side, but she didn't back down. Thats when you came in. Strong cat. Probably had her cubs nearby. "

" So, " Timber began. " What's with this prophecy of yours? " Hazel shrugged. " We recieved it three days ago from our oracle saying we had to come find you and saying that during the trip we would get angry with eachother. " 

" And did you? " Timber asked. " Oh, yeah. " Hazel replied. " One of our friends, Percy, and Leo here, almost got in a full on fight with eachother, they were so angry. " Leo looked at the ground, sheepishly.    " You saw that? " Hazel nodded. " Yup, I could here you from all the way up the mast, that's when I slipped and fell. "

" He was right though, " Leo said. " It's my fault we got lost. " Frank grabbed his arm. " Leo Valdez, shut your mouth. Don't you dare blame yourself for what happened. You hear me? I won't allow it. Besides, we had to get lost in order to find this place. It was not your fault. Get it? Got it? Good. " Leo smiled and did a salute. " Yes sir, " Frank grinned. " Thats what I like to hear. " 

" Here we are, " Timber said, stopping. " This is where I live. " Timber lived in a...tree? No, a treehouse. There was a rope ladder to climb up the tree house which had a balcony, and a bridge that connected it to another tree where another little house was. It was built out of old wood, bamboo and the railing for the balcony had vines used to hold the wood together. Hazel smiled, it was beautiful. Timber started up the rope ladder. She turned around to see them all just standing there. " Well? Come on! "