Chapter 17

Leo

The first thing Leo did was grab a hammer from his toolbelt and light it. The rest of the seven readied their weapons as the light from the form died down, waiting to attack.

But as soon as the light dispersed they just stood there in shock. Standing before them was no monster, but just a teenage boy. He had dark blond hair and golden eyes. The boy looked around 19 or 20, he was tall and dressed in Greek amor over a regular t - shirt and jeans.

Timber was the first to speak. She gasped and stepped forward a bit, even when Leo tried to hold her back. " Solace? " Timber's eyes widened. " Oh, gods! Solace! "

Timber ran towards him, but when she opened her arms to embrace the boy - Solace - her hands passed right through his body. " What? How? Why - "

" I'm still gone, Timber. " Solace told her, softly. " The gods have just allowed me to appear before you for a short time. Now aren't you going to introduce me to your friends? "

Timber, still shocked, turned to the seven. " Uh, guys this is Solace. My b - boyfriend who died three years ago in the giant war. Solace, this is Jason, Piper, Annabeth, Percy, Frank, Hazel and Leo. They're the seven from the last great prophecy. "

The seven, still hesitant, greated Solace. " So, your a ghost? " Leo said. " I preffer the term ' spririt of the dead coming back to appear before the living. ' " Solace replied.

" Thats a ghost. " Percy said. " Anyways, " Timber broke in. " Back to the question at hand, Solace, what are you doing here? "

" I'm here to help you break the curse. " Solace replied. " It's time, Timber. "

Timber's eyes widened. " I don't think so, Solace. I don't think they're ready - " Solace interupted her once more. " Timber you have to stop being so afraid. It will work. Your just have to try. "

Timber still didn't look convinced. Piper narrowed her eyes at Solace. " Wait, are you the one who sent us that note on the Argo II? "

Solace grinned. " Yup, I'm S.O.A. = Son Of Apollo. I gave you the directions to help you get here faster. To be honest, you weren't getting anywhere on your own. "

" And your going to now help us break Timber's curse? " Leo asked, eargerly. Solace shrugged. " More or less. I here to tell you how to break the curse, you guys have to make it happen. "

" I still don't think - " Timber began. " We'll do it. " Jason broke in, surprising them all. " It's what we came here to do anyways, right? " 

The rest of them nodded in agreement. Solace smiled. " Good, step one: agree to break the curse: complete. Now for the hard part. "

" Just tell them already. " Timber moaned. " As soon as they hear what has to be done, they're not going to do it anyways. So just get it over with. "

" Fine. " Solace replied. " In order to break the curse you have to forgive. "

" Huh? " Leo said, confused.

" You have to forgive. " Solace repeated. " And you have to apologize. You have to except her the way she is. Flaws and all. You must heal her brokeness. Mend her wounds of abandonment and forgoteness. You have to put warmth into her cold heart.  " Solace looked at each of the seven in the eye. " You have to make things right. "

Silence, thats all you could hear. The seven were speachless.

" See?! " Timber exclaimed, breaking the silence. " I told you they wouldn't do it! It's too much to ask for. It's never going to happen! I'm going to be stuck on this island forever! "