Chapter Four

Edited; 6-29-17

"Hey, boy!"

"Yes?" Why did everyone suddenly want to talk to him? It was getting quite annoying. Still, he turned around, watching the blonde male approach. He peered up through his lashes, clutching his books tightly to his chest, making himself seem small and innocent. "My name is Seto." He reminded. His voice was soft, but his gaze was steely and hard.

"Oh, right. Seto. Sorry." The boy scratched the back of his neck, mumbling an apology, to which Seto merely blinked at. "So. You're that new kid."

"Yep. That's me. The new kid." Seto rolled his eyes. Seeing his forlorn expression, he flashed the blonde a half smirk, half smile, trying to cheer him up a bit. Those puppy dog eyes were really getting on his nerves. "And you are?"

He grinned. "Brice. My name is Brice. Nice to meet you, new kid."

A little smile ghosted his lips, a true one. He lowered his gaze, and at once, the smile dropped. He looked back up at Brice. "Nice to meet you, too." I guess. Nothing was nice about meeting these people. They were all the same. So bland. So uninteresting. Where was someone with personality? Why couldn't they barge into his life?

Ah, right. Because humans were simple creatures, and no one like that existed in their wretched species.

Seto obviously didn't think very highly of mortals.

Brice's face flushed for whatever reason. He looked away, stuffing his hands back into his pockets and rocking on his heels. "New kid-I mean, Seto. You wanna come sit with us at lunch? I mean, unless you have other people to sit with." He added quickly.

Seto let out a scorning laugh. It was bitter enough to make Brice's baby blue eyes widen. "Oh, no. People have been avoiding me, other than to shout at me in the hallway to get my attention," He gave Brice a pointed look, then smiled quickly, not wanting to make the Aussie cry. "Yeah, sure. But with who?"

"Adam, Jason, Mitch, Jerome, Ty, Ian, Preston and Lachlan. Rob and Vikk sit with us sometimes, but they're usually with their girlfriends. Sound okay? They're all nice, I promise."

Jason... Mitch... I have to deal with those pest?

Seto's smile completely dropped. "Err..." He glanced at the clock. He had about a minute to get to class. The halls were already empty, except for him and the Australian. "Yeah. Okay."

"See you then!" Brice gave him a pat on the head, ruffling his brown hair, before walking past him and into a nearby classroom.

Seto rolled his eyes, running his fingers through his hair a few times to tame it. "What a moron. You're not here to make friends." He muttered, cursing at himself. The bell rang, the noise piercing enough to make him flinch. His books clattered to the ground. With an agitated sigh, he knelt down to collect them. Instead of heading off to the office to get his late pass, he walked into the nearest facility bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him.

Time to spend an hour locked in a small, hot room.

Luckily, he'd brought his phone with him.