Chapter Two

Edited

"Hey-Wait up!"

"Great." Seto muttered under his breath. With a deep breath, he plastered a smile on his face and turned around to see a girl practically sprinting over to him. Dread rose up inside.

"You're Seto, right?" The girl asked. Her green eyes were wide and nervous. "M-My friend asked about you! She wants to know if you're single!" She waved to a girl with piercing blue eyes and purple hair, who blushed and waved softly."Um... My name is M-Maddie! And she's Ripple!"

"That's nice." Seto felt heat rising to his face. Why were mortals like this...?

Maddie frowned, taking a few steps back. "Oh. Okay. I see how it is." She spun around, tossing her long hair as she marched away to tell her friend how rude Seto was

Seto sighed, pulling his hood off and running his fingers through his messy hair. He was quite tired of being stared at. He should of chose another form... This one was too pretty.

The fake smile dropped from his face, a sullen expression replacing it. Seto went off to find his locker, only to find someone waiting there for him. "What do you want?" There was no mistaking the exasperation in his voice.

"Seto, right?" He grunted. He was so much taller, that the sorcerer had to tilt his head back to look him in the eyes. It was oddly intimidating.

"Yep. How'd you guess?" Seto pushed past him and tried opening his locker, only to have it slammed shut. "Really? You're going to do this now?"

"Yep."

"For God's sake. Mortals are so stubborn." He mumbled to himself. "Fine. What do you want?" He said in a louder voice.

"I want you to admit that you're a sorcerer."

Seto just stared at him with cold, angry eyes.

"Silent? Hm." The Canadian sighed, tilting his head at Seto. "Not going to deny it, are you? So it's true. You're a little snob who thinks playing with voodoo is cool. I knew it

Seto's eye twitched. He inhaled and exhaled slowly, like he was trying to calm down. He seemed to give up the composed act, and in less than a second, was up in the man's face, standing in his tiptoes. His eyes were glowing, casting an ominous light on both their faces.

"Listen up, pretty boy, and listen closely, because I'll only say this once."
Their noses were almost touching.
"Who the hell do you think you are? How dare you speak to me like that? I don't care if you're the fucking president of America. You will NOT speak to me like that. Got it?"

Mitch planted his hands on Seto's chest, easily shoving the smaller boy away. "Confirmed what I already knew. Now, get lost, rat. Take your black magic and get the fuck out of our school."

Seto laughed haughtily. He spun around and started to walk away, leaving Mitch smirking by his locker. He flicked his hand in the air without bothering to look over his shoulder.

The smug look on the Canadian's face was quickly replaced by horror. His legs buckled beneath him, and he toppled to the ground, hitting his head on the hard floor. His eyes remained open, glazed and glass-like. Blood trickled from his gaping mouth. He would surely suffer some sort of concussion, perhaps memory loss.

But luckily for Mitch... There was help not too far away. For as soon as Seto got out of sight, a short boy came running out from behind the corner, dropping to his knees beside Mitch, and shouting for a teacher.