The Vlog

Zoe POV

"Alight everybody, I've just setteled in with Nala and I'm gonna head to sleep. Goodnight!" I swooped my hand in front of my camera as I shut it off. Sighing in relief, I placed my camera down on my bedside table and pulled my laptop up onto my lap. I scrolled through my email, responding to the ones
that actually mattered. One from the publisher, one from grandad, and one from...I paused...

My screen flashed from my opened emails to a warning sign followed by an alert buzzer. Instinctively, I grabbed my camera off the table and began to vlog the experience.

"Hi everyone. So I've just been sending some emails out and this funny screen just popped up on my computer and I'm not sure if it's real or not" I said facing the camera towards my laptop. This is kind of creepy I thought to myself. "Then again, it's probably just some hacker who got into my computer" I assured myself and he viewers. Yes. Why would it be real? These warnings only happen in movies with zombies and terrible acting.

Alfie walked in just as I placed my camera down.

"You just got that too?" He questioned. Too?

"Well yeah I think it's probably just some hacker that got into our computers. We can have them looked at in the morning" I assured him.

"Yeah alright" he sighed. "Just seems odd" he said climbing into bed next to me. Why was this bothering him?

"These things always scare me Zo" he said after a minute of silence. I looked him in the eyes. They were full of fear. What's gotten into him?

"Alf, there's nothing to worry about" This wasn't normal for him "Zombie apocalypses aren't even a remotely real concept. It's all for entertainment in movies" I grabbed his hand and held it tight.

"Yeah I'm sure you're right" he whispered, drifting off to sleep. "Goodnight, little one" he said softly

"Gnite gorgeous" I replied, kissing him his temple. I reached over and flicked the light switch off.

I woke up the next morning with a snoring Alfie and Nala, all tucked up in the duvet. Laughing to myself, I got up and began editing my vlog from the previous day, ignoring the reminder of the pop up window every 20 minutes. Whoever this hacker was, he was persistent.

I sat down on the couch with my cup of English tea and continue my editing when I hear a knock at the door.

"I wasn't expecting anyone...probably a fan" I think to myself. I ignore the tapping and continue editing. Then the tapping grew louder. And louder. And louder. Alfie must have woken up by now.

Frustrated, I stand up and walk towards the door, looking out the peep-hole whilst on tip-toes. a young girl stands outside, with a little boy holding her hand. He looks to be about five, and they are both badly bruised and banged up. I immediately open the door.

"Can I help you? Are you alright?" I ask softly, they look fragile.

The girl, maybe fifteen looks like she's about to have a panic; a feeling I know too well.

"I...I..." She stammers.

"I thought we were going home?" The little boy looks up at her. They are American...what are they doing all alone? At this point I'm standing in shock.

"Do you need me to take you to hospital? Should I call someone?" I ask, unsure of what to do. The girl looks at me as if I was clueless. What am I missing?

"It's a virus." She looks me deep in the eyes. " You must know..it started in London... How are they not here yet?"

Virus?

___________________________
Author's Note:
Hiii! So this is my first story is it too long? Idk if I'm gonna keep doing this lol