Chapter 1

A/N : Hey you guys, this is my second attempt at writing just so you know:) Anyway, since this is my first note it's abit lengthy, but I promise the others won't be as long:)  

I might not know a lot about werewolves and the only knowledge I've got is from reading other wolf books on wattpad... So half of the things I write are probably self inspired or googled;)  

Anyway, I'm done and my pleads for votes and comments will appear on the next note:) 

Enjoy!

P.s every chapter is from a third person's POV unless I say so:)

********************************

Kay woke up with a bucketful of water thrown onto her. They were thundering footsteps down the staircase. She sat up on her stiff bed and looked out of the door, debating whether she should run back after the boys or fall back asleep on her soaking wet bed sheets. She chose neither, seeing as though both won't help, and slid off bed with a soft sigh and slipped into the bathroom.

This was nothing new to her. Kay was woken up just like this, almost everyday. Her parents didn't even have the basic respect of their pack members, so why was there a need to respect their children?

Kay's mum would leave for work early in the morning, at the crack of dawn. Her father on the other hand, returns home at that time. After hours of work, he'd head straight to his bedroom and would only step out in the evening when he's going to work. So that leaves the little children of the pack plenty of time to 'attack' poor little Kay by throwing balloons filled with dirty water and by playing practical pranks on her every other day. 

So like I said, Kay did not have any other choice but to keep her mouth shut about things like these. Because it was Kay. No one would support her. No one would stand by her. Even at such a young age, she had to learn to be independent. She was brought up in that path, she was directed to it and now, at eight she is an independent little girl. Things like this wouldn't faze her. 

She brushed her teeth and combed her hair, putting on the pretty pink and red ribbons her mum had bought for her a long time ago. It still looked as clean as she first saw it, because presents like these we're expensive and Kay had to take good care of it.

She took her sweet time getting dressed and slowly hopped her way to the kitchen. With a carton of milk and a box of cereals in her hands, she climbed up the tall stools that stood beside the counter and made herself breakfast.

Just as Kay finished her cereal, her sister, Gab, came down and sat next to her, helping herself to the cereal as well. Gabriella was thirteen, but unlike Kay, she was louder and more open towards people. The two sisters were close, but unfortunately Gab had the same fate as Kay. If Kay was bullied by eight year olds, Gab was teased by the older ones. Both of them had each other to hold on to, so life was just a little easier for both the sisters.

* * * * * 

Gabriella and Kylie have been living in that forested area since the day her father left their pack, the Fortis Terra pack. Kay was still too young to understand why they had to leave, but she wasn't a little girl who asked too many questions, she would just remain quiet and accept whatever she was asked to do. The only thing she remembered was how her dad came back from work carrying a bruised mum, and how he forced them to pack up because they were leaving. Apart from the bullying, both Gab and Kay have been living a quiet and peaceful life since that day.

"Gabby ! Where are my colour pencils ?" Kay yelled from the couch.  

"They're in my room!" Gab yelled back.

Kay placed her colouring book on the couch and runs up the staircase to her big sister's room. Just like this her afternoons wouldn't be complete without colouring her princesses and taking a short nap.