Chapter 2

A/N : straight to the story !

I dedicated this chapter to Cece2013 because I truly appreciate her help! My first dedication

*******************************************

Gabriella couldn't sit still the entire time her dad was gone. She saw him running across the house with a lady in his arms, and she followed behind to see where he had gone. She called after him, but he didn't seem to hear her. The last thing she saw was her dad placing the lady carefully in a red vehicle and driving off. Sighing in defeat, she trudged back to the house, but stopped dead in her track. Far away into the woods, she saw a shadow lurking at the end of the forest without showing itself. Gabriella knew it wasn't human. She stood rooted to the spot, terrified of what was going to happen if she were to move. But then she saw the shadow retreat, and disappear into the woods. She took it as a perfect opportunity and dashed into her home.

She slammed the door shut and locked it, but she heard movement behind her.  Her breath caught in her throat.

"Gabby?" came her sister's sleepy voice.

"Oh Kylie," breathed Gab thinking it was someone else, "why aren't you asleep?" She asked, hooking her arms over her sister's shoulder and leading the way to the living room.

"I heard a gunshot," Kay said simply, rubbing her eyes with her clenched fists.

Gabriella didn't say anything. She just sat down and brought Kay's head closer to rest on her chest. In that comfortable position, both sisters fell asleep.

It was half past five when there was a sudden knock on the door. Gabriella jumped up, instantly on defense, which made Kay's head fall to the couch and wake with start. Gabriella slowly walked up to it and opened it cautiously. She was still afraid of her encounter with the mysterious shadow.

At the door was a very shagged, but happy looking Father. "Pack your things girls, we're moving!" Father exclaimed.

This was like déjà vu for both the girls. They were afraid.

"But why?" Gab asked, a questioning look on her face. After all, her Father saved someone, she was certain of that. They shouldn't need to move again because he did something good?

"We're moving to the -," Just then, mum entered the house.

All heads turned when she asked, "what's going on here?"

"Susan! We're moving to the pack house! Get your things, quick!"

Now it's time for mum to have a questioning look plastered on her round face. But before she could say anything, Father interrupted," I'll explain later, just do what I said"

That left everyone scrambling to get their things.

In fifteen minutes, the whole family of four were gathered on the porch, luggage in hand. They didn't own too many things, and fifteen minutes was just enough time to clear out their belongings in the house.

The parents led the way to the roadside, with father telling his wife what happened and why they were moving in. The girls were chatting animatedly behind them, talking about the new people they'd get to meet and the good food they'd get to eat. Well it was only Gab doing the talking, because Kay was still a little scared of the idea. Her sister went to school, so she'd have some friends, or at least people she knew. Kay didn't have anyone, except the boys who'd bully her or the girls who'd stare at her, because she couldn't go to school. She wasn't exposed to people. She was lost in her own thoughts by the time Gab finished, which was when they reached the pack house.

Alpha Kent received them at the door. Both Susan and Father bowed their head in respect. Gabriella and Kylie followed suit.

"Welcome ! Benjamin, this is where you and your family will be living from now on. Come in." He announced and welcomed us. Kay was in a daze. She stared at the two magnificent white doors for a moment, before taking small steps into the house.