Chapter 12

Kay's POV

"What?" I sat up, as the white sheets slipped lower down my bare chest.

My sight shifted to the pair of legs beside me. My heart skipped a beat. 

The person's head was covered with the white sheet. With my heart thumping so hard against my chest, I was too afraid to pull it off. I looked around instead.

Exotic bottles littered the room.

Alcohol? Werewolves weren't supposed to drink alcohol. The natural acids in them were harmful to our immune system, it messes with our head too. There were alcoholic drinks made for weres, which aren't really alcoholic but contains mild drugs that mimic  the effects of alcohol on a normal human. They come at a high price and there was no possible way I could have had excess to them. 

Surely I mustn't have had any, but my head was throbbing. So is this what hangovers felt like ?

My hand roamed over the white sheets while I was still examining the room. I yanked it over and-

'Urgh' I fully sat up, clutching my head.

It was just a dream, I breathed and heaved long sigh of relief. I knew I would have never gotten drunk. But then, I looked at the foot of the bed and noticed a pair of protruding feet. My heart started beating faster. No, no, no way.

I rubbed my eyes several times before opening them.

This has to be a mistake.

His dark brown, almost black hair poked out of the sheets, and that was when I realized-

"DYLAN! GET UP!" I screamed.

He shifted around, restlessly, and brought the sheets just above his nose so that his eyes peeked out. "What are you on about in the morning? "

"What am I on about !? What are you doing here ?"

He grumbled and turned to sleep on his stomach, " You asked me to stay last night, remember ?" He answered lazily, obviously prioritizing his sleep over helping me make sense of the situation.

"But I don't remem-"

"Hey lady, keep it down would you?" came another voice.

A male one.

I yelped. "Jay? I made you to stay too?"  I asked, looking at his huge mass that was his body incredulously. No one answered.

"Ouch!" I yelped again, someone pinched me hard on my left arm.

"AIDEN ??"

What the hell is going on.

******************

I sat on the kitchen counter with a warm plate of pancakes and syrup, all showered and clean. I had washed away all thoughts about last night and was determined to start the day right. That also means pretending like last night didn't happen.

Luna El came over to sit with me for breakfast as Mother and her had already served the rest of the hungry wolfs. Obviously running today had been cancelled for me, seeing as though I woke up next to my workout buddy with a potential 'I-don't-even-know-how-it-happened' hangover.

Luna El started on my sixteenth birthday celebration preparations and I've got to say, the more she spoke about it, the more excited I got. I haven't shown Dylan what I would be wearing yet, I wanted it to be a surprise.

Then I suddenly remembered Father saying that the Alpha would be making an announcement on my birthday. I made a mental note to myself to pester Dylan about it later and forced my mind to focus on what Luna El was saying for now.