Chapter 13

Kay's POV

3 days left.

It was hard to let that sink in. Just three days left for the party and that's the last thing I could think about. Everyone was chattering excitedly about what was to come but I couldn't help the nagging feeling that kept bothering me.

What was it that I 'know' about ? I didn't know anything ? I figured it was something related to the outline of a terrioty Jay had hidden under his pillowcase, but how should I make sense of that ?

It was nearly a week since I overheard Jay speaking to Dylan, but I still couldn't keep my mind off it.

Dylan, on the other hand, made no attempt to ask me anything, and neither did I try to pry it out of him. However, whenever I opened the subject of my celebration, he'd immediately get uncomfortable and suddenly become the awkwardest person in the world.

He was that bad at hiding his emotions, and awkwardest was an understatement.

I was pretty patient about it, because at the back of my mind, I knew whatever was going to happen was bad news. Probably something like Dylan has to go overseas for alpha training, yes they have those, or I were to go to boarding school or something like that.

I just hoped whatever was in store for me, or us, wasn't too bad to handle.

The ability to hear Jayden even when we were almost two rooms apart? well that was apparently part of the 'superpowers' I possessed. Mother mentioned my hearing might have been advanced because I was part-fae and part-wolf, two very powerful creatures.

If my hearing was enhanced, I couldn't wait to test my speed.

Thinking about speed, it had been awhile since I went for my routinely annoying runs, and I was kind if missing it. I decided to go over to Dylan's to see if he was free for a quick run.

As per normal, I barged in without knocking.

"Sup Hommie!" I yelled, letting myself fall on the leather couch.

The shuffling of papers and violent banging of the drawers came as my reply.

"Kylie, how many times do I have to ask you to knock ?" Dylan's head poked out of the other room, his office.

"Dylan, how many times do I have to tell you I won't ?" I replied back, airily.

He heaved an audible sigh and walked out of his room.

"Woah! whatever happened to you ?" I asked. He looked extremely tired. Dark circles outlined his eyes and his hair was spiked all over the place.

Just that I didn't know someone could look like a hot mess and a hot hunk at same time. His dark green sweatpants and grey shirt, well I thought it'll look better on the floor instead.

I shut my eyes tight and looked down at the hem of my shirt, as though adjusting it so I wouldn't have to hear any cocky remarks for staring at him. Luckily, he hadn't had noticed it too.

I accepted the fact that I had some not-so-friendly thoughts about Dylan. It helped me feel better around him and that was, well better than feeling weird or uneasy near him, seeing as though I spend a lot of time with him.

"What have you been up to?" I asked again, seriously, as he plopped himself on the couch near me.

"Nothing much," he said lying on my lap,  "pack business." He mumbled into my stomach as he made himself comfortable. You see, if this was an old me, I would have screamed and ran out of the room, blushing furiously and probably giving myself away. But it wasn't. It was a new and practical me, and it made my life so much easier. Last thing I wanted was to make my best friend think I was weird, again.