Chapter 14

I AM BACK !

"There is a time for speech-making, but this is not that time. Tuck in" -Albus Dumbledore

*********************************************************

Kay's POV

This was it. All the preps, all the headaches, all the pleas for a less girly arrangement has finally led to this day. Sitting in front of the mirror and staring at my reflection, I only just realized how nerve-wrecking this all seemed.

How in the world was I going to get through this ? I don't function properly when hundreds of pairs of eyes are staring at me ! Why did I agree to this in the first place ? A few strands of hair that sticks out would be noticed and everybody would know it's my first time wearing heels just by looking at me waddle across the room! Heck I wouldn't even be able to adjust my strapless bra with all the attention on me!

Oh why didn't I think of this before ? How am I going to walk to that flight of stairs ?

"I can't " I firmly answered the mirror as though it was speaking my mind this whole time, " No way."

"And that's where you're wrong princess" came that voice I clearly missed out on.

"Dammit," I winced as though the sound brought me physical pain.

He casually walked in and leaned against my dressing table, " As I very well knew, from the moment you haven't stuck your face in front of me to ask for my opinion on your make up or your hairstyle for over an hour, that you would probably be trying to think of ways to run away from this room without being noticed, so here I am to save the day. As usual. " he ended, with a little curtsy and a bow.

"And that's where you are wrong," I said loudly. "I only just thought of it." I finished in an undertone.

"Since I'm already here I might as well help" he said as he randomly picked a lip gloss," Now pucker up."

"Definitely not !" I yelped, snatching it away from him.

"Your loss" he said smugly, walking over to the bed and making himself comfortable.

I rolled my eyes and took my outfit and make-up in order to change in another room.

*******************************************

I let the silk material cascade down my figure and land gently on the ground, hugging my curves perfectly as it went. I took one sweeping glance at the mirror before turning to leave the room.

"Oh Kylie, sweetheart. You look gorgeous." Mother said,cupping my cheek as soon as I reached her.

She stepped back to take a look at my appearance and let out a soft sigh.

"Errr, Mum? We have to go." I said awkwardly.

"And this is the girl who is going to be the centre of attraction for the whole night."She chuckled, nodding towards the window overseeing the backyard.

Only then did I realize we were already at the foot of the spiraling staircase.

My heart was beating frantically against my chest and I felt my stomach drop a few feet. There were easily hundreds of people down below, waiting patiently for me. Me.

Mother felt the clammy hands she was still holding and knew what I must be feeling, because she said," Don't worry sweetheart, this is your night"

With that, the entry music started playing and both of us turned, hand in hand, to face the top of the elaborately decorated flight of stairs, waiting for our entrance cue.

Little did I know of the truths the night was yet to unfold.

******************************************

How was it guys? I'm so sorry I haven't updated for three months and this stinking short chapter probably won't make up for it but promise I'd be on my feet and thinking of the storyline and the cast and all!

Tell me what you think!