Chapter 26 - christmas decorations

"To the left!!" I shouted up to whip who was stood on the roof with a big light up sign that read *merry christmas* and had a shooting star underneath "No that's too far!!!" I sighed I heard him mutter something "what was that?!?!" "Nothing dear" he smiled down to me "yeahhh that's what I thought" he then stuck his tongue out at me..."mummy what's daddy doing?" Lori tugged on my hand "not listening to mummy is what daddy is doing" I squeezed her hand "TO THE LEFT DADDY!!!!!!" She shouted up to him, "what are you teaching her!!!!?" Whip turned around, hands on hips "nothing!!!! But she has a point" I giggled, whip went back to moving the sign "where James chick?" She looked at me sheepishly "Lori??" "He's inside" she smiled at me "what's he doing inside?" "Pretending to be a tree" she tried not to giggle..."a tree?" She pulled my hand "I'll be one sec whip!!" I walked in the house...

James was stood there, gold tinsel around his right leg, green tinsel around his left, and red tinsel around his body, each finger had a bauble on, he had sticky bows on each cheek, and dotted around the tinsel and to top it off was the star balancing on his head "oh wow" I looked at him, "I'm a treeeeeee" he smiled a cheesy grin "and what a lovely tree you are" I giggled as I snapped a few pictures of him, "right Lori unwrap your brother, and let me get on with helping dad" I stroked her hair as I walked back out.

"How's that?!" Whip looked down at me, it was wonky..not even a little bit, it was slanted nearly 90 degree. "Dude!! Are you drunk!?" He muttered something else before climbing down the ladders, "here!" He handed me the ties and bolts "you do it!" He folded his arms "in these shorts!?! You kidding me!?" "Do I look like I'm joking?!" He pulled a grumpy face "oooh you bah humbug!!" I grabbed the bits off him and climbed up the ladder, I unclipped the wonky thing and made it straight, tying it all in place, I climbed down the ladder and. Smiled to him as I walked past "if you want a job doing right....do it yourself!"

We got the trees from the boxes and laid all the colours together in piles. "Right James slot those big green ones in there" I pointed to the middle of the tree, both kids began to slot in the branches and open them out. After we built the first one, I turned to whip who had wrapped himself up in lights, without him realising I plugged them in "whoa!!" He froze "who needs a christmas tree, I think we should stand you up there" I giggled taking a picture, but something was missing, "now stand still" I balanced the star on his head and took another picture "are you done" he looked at me, "not quite" I kissed him quickly as both kids turned away in disgust.

Whip wrapped the lights around the tree and turned off the lights "nope!!! There's a bald patch" he walked over and moved some about, and walked back again "nope it's no good, move that section!!" I bent down and moved another bit "no charlie it's just no good!!" He tutted as he walked over and moved it, I hit his arm as he stood up "ow!! What was that for!!!?" "Bar humbug...you miserable git! It's christmas!!!" I grabbed a Santa hat and pulled it on his head suddenly the tv came on "He rocks in the tree tops all day long

Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song, All the little birdies on Jaybird Street, Love to hear the robin go tweet tweet tweet" mcfly sang on the TV "ahhhh" I jumped up and down girly clapping as I started to wiggle my bum and started to hang the baubles on the tree, we had a theme, red and gold baubles this year. I was enjoying myself far too much, but it felt amazing, dancing about, christmas was my favourite time of year. "Come on humbug sing along, or do you not know the words??" I stuck out my tongue, he pulled on his Santa hat tight and picked up some baubles, the kids followed "Every little swallow, every chickadeeEvery little bird in the tall oak tree The wise old owl, the big black crow Flappin' their wings singing, go bird, go rockin robin" he sang I looked at him amazed "you I know the words!!!?" "Of course I do you played it enough last year" he smirked hanging on a glass bauble.

The tree looked brilliant, took some doing getting it on the side, we lost a few baubles, and the lights moved a little but I didn't tell him about that. Now time for the second tree....it went well...the lights broke and whip tried to change them but he was useless..."leave the pro too it" I smiled as I snapped in another light which then lit up the other lights. We wrapped them around and began to decorate, the kids were enjoying themselves so much, both of them laughing and tormenting each other, we took plenty of photos. We hung the

Last bauble on the tree and moved it in too place...bye the time it was done and all the decorations were out it had turned pretty late, "right kids come on!!" I clapped my hands as I chased them into their bedrooms. I read them both a story and waiting till they'd gone to sleep. Before walking into the living room.

As I walked in Whip was stood there, in these Santa pants, Santa hat and holding a sprig of mistletoe above his head "how's this for Christmassy" he smirked as he pulled me in close, then...my favourite song came on "Bells will be ringing the glad, glad news, Oh what a Christmas to have the blues My baby's gone, I have no friends, To wish me greetings once again" (play song) Whip chucked the mistletoe and pulled me in close, we started to move sideways holding each other close, moving in time to the music, "why do you love this song? Isn't it sad?" Whip looked at me, I shook my head and laughed softly "no...it's about his love for a girl" "ahh I see" he nodded as he span me around, "not just the fact that it's bon jovi then?" He smiled at me "well....you know that adds to it, everyone loves a bit of jovi" I laughed. The song finished and he kissed me gently.

"So what you got me for christmas?" He pulled away "now that'd be telling!!" I giggled "oh come on!!" He pleaded "you will never get it out of me" I smiled as I walked to the bedroom "oh really!?" He laughed as he began to chase me...