Chapter 19-Pieces of the Puzzle

I wanted nothing more than to check in with Bryn and Mara but I knew if i excused myself it would cause suspicion. The Alpha Council were all sitting in this room talking and laughing and eaten. Bryn had gotten everything setup just in the nick of time.

"I love the new ink," a voice said behind me. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end at the voice. I turned and saw it was in fact Jessica. Jessica was another Alpha, she and I used to have a purely physical thing, but i have not seen her since i met Bryn.

I knew I needed to be my usual self, flirting with her but it only made me feel sick and miss Bryn even more.

"Thanks," i said forcing a smirk to my lips my hand falling on her leg. She smirked and moved closer, my hand sliding further up her leg.

"Why don't we get re acquainted later tonight?"

I smirked at her and winked turning back to the conversation. I sent a quick message to Brett to make sure that I have something planned for tonight to keep away from Jessica. Alpha Cody was sitting across from us a smirk on his lips. I nodded my hello to him and looked away. I needed to speak with him later see if he could help with Bryn and her new situation.

The conversations droned on forever going over the basic principles of how everything works when you're an Alpha. We went over the usual situations. Nothing ever changes its the usual meetings and the usual situations with every thing. I wanted to talk about Bryn why she hadn't been given a pardon but I held my tongue.

"Alpha Darren," a voice said behind me as I was walking with Jessica, it was Cody. "Do you have time to discuss a new training simulation?"

"Uh i'm a little busy," i said gesturing to Jessica but wanting him to keep pushing.

"It needs to be discussed as soon as possible," Cody snapped and I felt Jessica flinch. He was always a strong Alpha but I had never taken much attention to him.

"As you wish," i said Jessica moved away slowly obviously upset and disappeared around the corner.

"Oh thank you very much," i breathed shaking his hand. He shook my hand tight and pulled away smiling. He was only a little bit shorter than I was so it wasn't hard to look him evenly in the eye.

"Shall we go discuss this situation in your house?" Cody smiled. I nodded and we began to leave. We picked up Mark from his room and made our way to my house.

"Brett," I called when I saw him. "Have you heard from Mara?" Brett fell into step next to me as we walked.

"Just got to the hotel," Brett said tucking his phone into his pocket. "Safe no tail. They're going to stay in the room order room service and rent movies."

"Sounds fantastic," i laughed. "Most mundane thing they could do." Brett nodded a smile on his face.

"She is safe with Mara," Brett nodded. "And Mara is definitely safe with her. They'll be fine."

"I know," i breathed. I pulled open the door to the house and Cody and Mark walked in. "Make sure no one comes in here and keep an ear out for talking about Bryn."

"Got it," Brett nodded. I walked inside and we all sat on the couch the TV just loud enough to block out our conversation.

"She's safe then?" Mark asked leaning in. I nodded fixing my shirt over my chest. "And I see you two were having fun."

I didn't need to see myself to know exactly what he was talking about it. I cleared my throat and pulled the collar of my shirt up. "She's at a hotel with my Beta's mate," I said changing the subject. "But that is not why I wanted to talk about."

"Has something happened?" Cody asked. They both worried about her, they cared so much for her even for just meeting her.

"Yes," i breathed. I looked around even though i knew no one was here. "We were on a run and she got this blinding headache," i whispered as low as I could so that no one could hear. "She said she saw the Alpha council being attacked, some were dead and I was missing. When she came out of it though, her tattoo had moved. The time had changed."

"How?" Cody gasped.

I shrugged shaking my head. "I don't know, she doesn't know, no one does. She ran into people on the way here with my Beta and his brother. He said that his group wanted to break apart the Alpha Council and have a King. He said that the person who marked her was sill alive and was coming for her."

"What was it that he called her?" Mark asked. His eyes had gone wide as though he had just pieced together the puzzle.

"Something in a different language," I said with a shrug. "I can't remember."

"We need to find out," Mark said shaking his head. "And soon because i think I just pieced this together." I don't know why but i was suddenly scared for Bryn. My heart heavy and my stomach in knots. This cannot be good.