Chapter 38- Long Live the King

Home.

We were finally home. Familiar trees and tents and people, home, but the night was not over, far from it. 

With Darren and the others at my side we made our way swiftly to the medical tent. My heart was in my throat, and my stomach felt ready to turn at the drop of a hat. It was deadly silent all around and all I could hear was the roaring of my blood in my veins. 

I was the first to move into the medical tent, and the first to be tackled in a hug; Mara. Brett hugged Darren tightly as we all hurried into the small tent. I hugged everyone as tightly as I could hurrying down the line; Mara, Brett, Cody, Mark, and Nathan. 

"Josh," i gasped finally seeing him hidden in the corner. I practically fell into him, but he caught me with steady arms. I held him as tight as I dared without risking him pain. "Oh my god Josh I can't tell you how happy I am to see you." 

"Probably as happy as I am," he whispered his voice cracking. I pulled away and he wiped his face. "God look your natural hair is showing." 

Everyone chuckled nervously and wiped their tear filled eyes. It was good to be home. 

"Introductions later," i breathed, "We have work to do." I grabbed Josh's hand and pulled him with me back towards everyone, I didn't want to let go of him, not yet. 

"Nathan i need you to get in contact with the Alpha's," I whispered, "If I or Darren do it the Angel will know. Tell them things are gonna move quick and to be ready for a fight. Mara and Brett- you look great." They smiled a little still wiping tears. "Tell the pack to stand down and not fight, if they fight they will be killed." 

"Mark and Cody," i said looking at the two of them. I smiled widely at them and drew two daggers from my boots. "You're with me." They took the blades from me with ease a smirk coming to my face. 

"We did as you said," Brett said gently, "if they walk into the hotel the doors will lock right behind them with no way in or out." 

"The Angel can create a portal if he has enough energy," Patrick whispered. I nodded remembering.

"That's where you guys come in," i turned to look at them including Daniel. "You're strong enough so don't doubt that, I need you guys near the hotel to block him. He is the only one who can portal so all you have to do is focus on him and his power." They nodded nervously. 

"Daniel I'm counting on you to not sell me out on this," i whispered looking at him, "Any of this." 

He nodded and offered me a hand. "Till the end," he said. I took his hand and shook it strongly. 

"Mara and Brett go slip into the Omega house with the others, don't get hurt and keep an ear out for me, when I give the signal take them down." They nodded and slipped out of the room, but not before taking weapons from Patrick. 

"Josh, stay here and stay quiet." He nodded and pulled away from me backing himself into the dark corner of the room that I had missed at first. "Nathan stay with us." Jonas handed him a weapon before him and the others left the tent in silence. 

I turned the lights off and crouched low, we all did, waiting and listening. 

Heartbeats racing

Breathing ragged

Hands shaking. 

Then we heard it, the echoing boom of a door being broken down and a distant shriek. I winced at the sound and Darren took my hand in his. Another boom then a lock, that was our cue, we had to move now. 

"Stay close and stay low, do not let anyone see us, Darren build up the shadow." I saw the darkness rise in the tent and knew he was in control. I took a deep breath and began to walk with the others in tow, armed and ready.