Cliches

And she ran. She was not a fish out of water, for a fish doesn't recognize the air. This was all familiar to her. She ran like a bat out of hell. Her legs carried her away and she felt as light as air. Only time will tell what will become of them. She fell head over heels from the moment she saw him, and the gut wrenching pain had not gone away since. So, she ran; to get away from him, from her problems. She wasn't succeeding. She ran faster than the speed of light, but her problems were still there, shadowing her like a dog without a bone. She loved him more than life itself, but living happily ever after wasn't in their cards. He was a diamond in the rough, the quiet before the storm; I was caught between a rock and a hard place. I stopped running and sat on the sidewalk, catching my breath. He appeared in my memory as an angel descending from heaven. I couldn't be his damsel in distress, but I could try. Opposites attract, right? I took a deep breath. "This is the first day of the rest of your life and you're going to be great," I whispered. I smiled and shrugged it off. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade or, more appropriately, when life gives you nice boys, date them. I smiled to myself, got up off the ground and ran until tomorrow.