three

Possible trigger warning for anxiety

"Hey Camz!" Lauren greeted excitedly as she walked towards her girlfriend, who was studying at her desk.

Camila looked up and immediately covered her face with her hoodie.

"No!" she exclaimed.

"C'mon Camzi," Lauren said as she extended her arm out so both of them were in frame.

"Get that camera away from my face!" the brunette exclaimed, "I'm ugly."

"But you're still the most beautiful girl I've ever meet," Lauren said as she kissed the top of Camila's head.

"And I've met a lot," she added.

"Asshole," Camila muttered, bringing her hoodie down as she slapped Lauren's arm playfully.

The green eyed girl laughed as she leaned down and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Do you love me?" she asked.

Camila shook her head as she gave Lauren a sheepish smile.

"I love you," Lauren said lovingly.

A wide smile appeared on the brunette's face.

"I love you too, baby," Camila said.

"Now, go away, I have to study," she said as she pushed her girlfriend away.

"Alright, jeez," Lauren chuckled.

The screen froze as Camila hit the pause button. She paused the footage at Lauren's smile as the green eyed girl laugh in the video. A teardrop fell as she blinked away the tears.

"You have to stop doing that to yourself, Mila."

Camila jumped at the sound of her roommate's voice. She quickly wiped her tears as she shut her laptop before looking at the dark skinned girl.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Camila said.

Normani gave her a concern look.

"Mila–"

"I'M FINE," Camila snapped as she cut her off.

Camila saw the look on her best friend's face and she let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Mani. I didn't mean to snap at you," she said as she looked away.

"It's okay," Normani said, "I get it."

Camila shook her head as she let out a sad chuckle.

"Things were a whole lot easier back then," she said as she looked back at her friend.

"That's because back then, we were normal college students," Normani said.

"Then shit happened and we sort of... Lost ourselves," she said.

"We lost ourselves in this madness... Now we just have to find ourselves in the aftermath."

"Find yourself or lose yourself," Camila quoted as she looked down.

"Lauren told me that," she added.

Normani sat on the bed, beside the brunette, as she pulled the smaller girl in for a side hug.

"It'll be okay, Mila," Normani said, "Things will get better."

"I'm just... I'm so tired, Mani," Camila said as she broke down in her best friend's arms.

"I know, babygirl," Normani said as she held her friend closer, "I know."

"You've loved her for almost five years," she said, "That's a really long time."