five

Earlier...

"Lauren! Hurry up or we'll be late!"

Lucy leaned against the counter in her kitchen, drinking a hot cup of coffee as she waited for her roommate to come out of her room. The brunette checked her wrist watch and rolled her eyes. She muttered a curse under her breath as she pushed herself off the counter and made her way to Lauren's room.

Once she reached Lauren's door, she turned the knob and pushed the door open, only to find her roommate standing in front of the mirror, without her leg brace or crutches. Lucy raised her eyebrows as she folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the door frame.

"Wow," she said, "Haven't seen you without that brace in a long time."

Lucy smiled and said, "You look good."

"Thanks," Lauren said as she smiled at her reflection.

"Can you walk though?" Lucy asked.

Lauren looked down and chuckled. She sat on her bed, pulled out her leg brace and started strapping it on.

"I guess I'll.. find out.. soon," she said.

Lauren finished putting on her leg brace as Lucy pushed herself off the door frame and walked towards her roommate.

"So, are you gonna see her today?" asked the brunette as she helped Lauren up.

"See who?" Lauren asked.

Lucy shook her head, "Don't play dumb, you know who I'm talking about."

"The girl from the diner?"

Lauren smiled, "She.. has a name, you know," she said.

"I know," she said, "Camila, right?"

Lauren rolled her eyes as she shook her head. But she was unable to stop her smile from widening.

"So are you gonna ask her out or what?" Lucy asked.

"Maybe today?"

Lucy raised her eyebrows as the corner of her lips curled.

"Are you up for it? How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good.. today," she said, "Better.. than I've.. been.. in a while."

"Your speech seems better, too," Lucy noted.

"Is that why you wanted to try without the brace?" Lucy asked.

"Mostly," Lauren said as she looked at the brunette.

"What else?" Lucy asked.

Lauren smiled nervously as she looked away. Lucy tilted her head curiously.

"I actually.. wanted to.. impress her," she admitted.

Lucy raised her eyebrows as she gave Lauren a look.

"Oh honey, you don't have to impress her," she said, "That girl already likes you."

"Just be yourself."

Lauren's face lit up, "You really think.. she likes me?"

"Have I ever been wrong before?" Lucy asked.

Lauren scrunched her nose, "Well..."

"Okay, fine! I've been wrong a lot but I'm right about this!" the brunette pointed out.

The green eyed girl chuckled. Then the two girls headed out of their apartment to start their day.

~