two

It was a rather long day at the diner. Business was slow and the weather was terrible. It annoyed the brunette to no end.

Being on the run meant that the brunette had to constantly be on her toes. Ready to move at a moment's notice. Her past life was chaotic and fast paced. She never had time to relax or to breathe.

Her new life, however, was the total opposite. There was a lot of waiting and doing nothing. It made the brunette extremely annoyed and anxious.

"Mila, give me the fork," Normani said in a hushed voice.

Camila clenched her jaw as she handed the fork to her friend. Normani smiled as she kept the utensil away.

"I hate this," Camila muttered.

"I know you do," Normani said, "But you have to get used to it."

"This is our new life now. Don't screw it up, okay?" Normani asked.

Camila let out a sigh before she nodded.

"Good."

"I have to go off now. Can you lock the place up?"

Camila frowned in confusion.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Dinah's in town and I'm gonna pick her up at the airport," Normani said with a smile.

"Ugh, fine. Tell her I said hi," Camila said.

"Will do," Normani said.

"Oh, just a heads up, your girlfriend hasn't left since she came in," Normani added with a wink before she headed to the back of the diner.

Camila turned around and saw Lauren still in the same booth, drinking coffee as she read her book. The brunette decided to clean the place up first as customers began clearing the diner.

When she was almost done, she noticed that Lauren still has not moved from the booth. Camila took a deep breath as she approached the raven haired girl.

"Hey," Camila greeted with a smile.

Lauren looked up from her book and gave Camila a smile.

"Hey," she said as she returned the greeting.

"Do you want that coffee to go? We're sorta closing shop right now," Camila said sheepishly.

Lauren blinked as she looked around. The chairs were flipped and stacked on top of the tables and Lauren's table was the only one left.

"Oh shit," Lauren said, "I h..had not.. Realized."

"Um... It's fine," said the raven haired girl, "I'm done... With... coffee."

Lauren shoved her book into her backpack. She grabbed her crutches before she got up from her chair.

Camila gave her a small smile as she picked up Lauren's cup and walked towards the back to get it washed.

When she was done, she walked back out to find Lauren waiting by the counter. She was leaning against the counter, looking around curiously. A small smile crept on the brunette's face as she always found curious Lauren endearing.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Camila asked.

Lauren nodded as she hummed in response.

"F..friend," Lauren said, "I'm m..moving in."

"Oh," Camila said in surprise.

"Where were you originally from?" Camila asked.

"M..miami?"