ten

"What does that mean?" Cassie asked.

"It means... When she wakes up, she'll be living 3 different lives, all at once."

"How is that even possible?"

Ally shrugged.

"The brain works in mysterious ways."

"Just to let you know, it's gonna get real crowded up in here," Ally said as she tapped on her temple, "You need to be prepared."

~

"HOLD HER DOWN!!"

Cassie grabbed her arm and pushed her back down on the bed as she tried to restrain her. The room was chaotic. Nurses and doctors were rushing in and out, trying to get the other patients to a safer environment. Cassie was struggling to keep her down, even though there were three other people trying to restrain her.

The green eyed girl pushed away the blonde and broke free, screaming. Cassie stumbled back as she looked at her friend wide eyed.

Two doctors grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back down as she thrashed about frantically.

"Lauren, calm down," said one of the doctors.

The green eyed girl screamed.

Cassie backed away but was unable to look away.

Lauren's eyes had fire in them, making her look erratic and almost insane. But they also looked empty. As if the girl wasn't there, mentally.

Cassie froze as a nurse rushed in and injected the girl with a sedative.

The screaming stopped.

So did the thrashing.

The doctors pulled away and stepped back as a petite doctor went to check on her patient's vitals. After the situation had calmed down and the doctors and nurses had left, Dr Hernandez went to check on the blonde.

"You okay, Dr. Ryan?" she asked.

Cassie jumped as she looked at her, wide-eyed.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," she cooed as she held the girl by her shoulders.

"It's me, Ally," she said.

Cassie blinked as her eyes adjusted.

"Ally..."

The petite doctor smiled.

"Welcome back," she said as she helped the blonde to stand.

Cassie stood up but she kept her eyes on the now sedated Lauren.

"It's scary, I know," Ally said when she recognized the look on the blonde's face.

"You've seen this before?" Cassie asked.

Ally nodded.

"I've seen all kinds of things, with all kinds of patients," she said.

"It comes with the job," she added.

"I see," Cassie said as she nodded.

Ally nudged the blonde and gave her a smile.

"Hey," she said, "Don't worry, okay?"

"Her brain needs time to reorganize the data and information. She'll be okay when she wakes up," she explained.

"I hope so," Cassie said, folding her arms across her chest.

~

Meanwhile in Miami, Camila felt uneasy the moment she stepped off the plane. A lot had happened in the past few years. She had lived two lives while in Miami. At that moment, she didn't know exactly who she was.