twelve

The raven haired girl was walking aimlessly down the street. She didn't know where she was going but she knew she had to leave that hospital. It wasn't safe there. Not for her, but for everyone else.

Her green eyes looked up at the sky. She only had a few hours left before sunrise. She had to get out of the scrubs as soon as possible.

She kept walking until she found herself at a particular apartment building. Lauren looked up and a flash of memory slapped her in the face. She winced as she shook the memory out of her head.

The raven haired girl took a deep breath before she walked into the building.

~

She paused in front of a familiar black door. The girl didn't have any keys or tools to open the door. Lauren let out a sigh as she reached up to knock on the door, only to have it swing open, revealing a tall brunette behind it.

"Lauren!" the brunette exclaimed as she pulled the green eyed girl in for a hug.

~

"You sure you have to go?"

She nodded.

"My flight leaves tomorrow morning," she said.

"I'll see you around, Lucy," Lauren said as she pulled the brunette in for a hug.

"Take care, Laur," Lucy said as she pulled away.

~

"We better get you checked out or you'll pass out from the loss of blood or get an infection. Whichever comes first."

"You say the sweetest things," Lauren said sarcastically.

~

"Oh honey, you don't have to impress her," she said, "That girl already likes you."

"Just be yourself."

Lauren's face lit up, "You really think.. she likes me?"

"Have I ever been wrong before?" Lucy asked.

Lauren scrunched her nose, "Well..."

"Okay, fine! I've been wrong a lot but I'm right about this!" the brunette pointed out.

The green eyed girl chuckled.

~

Out of all the memories of her, one particular moment stood out...

~

"Please, Lauren, don't do this," Lucy begged.

The green eyed girl placed a mouth guard into the brunette's mouth and gave her a small smile.

"Goodnight, Agent Vives," Lauren said as she started the machine.

~

Lauren pulled herself out of the memory as she pulled away from the brunette's embrace, panting as her heart pounded against her chest.

Lucy frowned in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"L..Lucy?"

The brunette smiled.

"Of course, silly," she said, "Who else would I be?"

Lauren didn't say anything. She just stared at the brunette in confusion.

"What are you wearing?" Lucy asked as she looked at Lauren's attire.

"And where the hell have you been?" she said.