seven

The raven haired girl sat on the hood of her car, looking out at the campus party. She brought her glass beer bottle up to her lips as she took a swig before she let out a huff.

"Lauren!"

The raven haired, green eyed girl turned her head as a brown haired brunette walked towards her. Lauren nodded her head in greeting before taking another swig.

"What's up, Laur?" asked the brunette.

"You used to be the life of the party! Creating trouble and chaos wherever you go."

"What happened to her?" she asked.

Lauren shrugged.

"Felt like she needed a change," said the green eyed girl.

"Is this because of the new girl on campus?"

Lauren grinned.

"Maybe," she said, "Why do you ask?"

"Saw your girl alone in the parking lot just now."

Lauren straightened as she leaned forward.

"Did you?"

"Yeah," said the brunette, "I think she's heading back to campus."

Lauren finished her bottle in one swig before she threw the bottle away and jumped off the hood of her car.

"I gotta go," she said.

The brunette smiled.

"I bet you do."

Lauren stepped towards the brunette and gave her a small smile.

"You sure you have to go?"

She nodded.

"My flight leaves tomorrow morning," she said.

"I'll see you around, Lucy," Lauren said as she pulled the brunette in for a hug.

"Take care, Laur," Lucy said as she pulled away.

"Now go get your girl," she said with a wink.

~

Lauren jogged towards the parking lot and smiled when she saw the brunette walking towards the campus, clutching her books to her chest. Her smile dropped when she saw two guys jump in front of her. Her eyebrows furrowed as she ran towards them.

~

"I didn't need your help, y'know," Camila said, slightly out of breath.

"Yeah, sure," Lauren scoffed. The raven haired girl had just taken down the two drunken frat boys that followed the brunette after the party.

"I'm serious, Jauregui," Camila said as she folded her arms across her chest, "I can take care of myself."

"Really?" Lauren asked as she raised her eyebrows.

Lauren noticed one of them tried to get up. Before she could make a move, Camila kicked him in the face, knocking them out again.

"Really," Camila said with a cocky grin and a raised eyebrow.

Lauren smiled, "I like a girl who can handle herself," she said.

"What's your name?"

"Camila," the brunette said.

"Lauren," said the green eyed girl, "But you knew that already."

Camila giggled, "How could I not? You're famous," she said mockingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lauren asked.

"Whatever you think it means," Camila said with a grin as she turned her heels and walked away.