Prolouge - End of the line

Liz exhaled deeply as she tossed her phone on the floor. She had been aiming for the table, but didn't flinch when it just hammered to the ground. She just sunk silently into her couch, breathing slowly. When Tom rushed in because of the noise, she didn't speak, she didn't glance up at him. She wasn't even thinking, simply because she didn't know what to think. If Red wasn't her father, then who the hell was he? Ever since her father passed away, she was convinced that Red was her real father. Why else would someone try to protect another with such integrity? Who was Raymond Reddington? 

     "Hey, Liz it's alright." Tom said as he sat next to her, pulling her close. What could she do? All throughout her life, there was a plan; something to do. but now, she was at a loss for ideas. Go back to work? All they'd be doing is trying to find Red. But Red didn't want to be found, therefor he wouldn't. Find Red herself? He had said if she ever need him, he'd be there. She could use that to get him to just talk to her, and reason with him to just come back. But both of these ideas wouldn't work, not with Tom wanting to move. She told him time and time again, running away won't change things. She had to pull herself together, and figure this out. Here and now.