Chapter 10

[EDITED]

"Where the fuck are you? You knew she had an appointment to the doctor today!" The younger twin's voice was loud enough to be heard in the busy hospital and people who walked pass sent him a deadly look, clearly expressing discomfort.

"I'm busy Jeongguk-" On the other side of the call, Jeongguk could hear soft feminine whimpers along with slow groans and whines. He knew exactly what it was and he didn't like it at all. Trying so hard to retain himself from bursting out, keeping his composure, he failed to do so as, he as well, was a cantankerous person.

"Is fucking your side hoe more important than your girlfriend's health?!" An apparent disgusted look had plastered on Jeongguk's face as he yells through the phone once again, definitely not caring if he would wake up an unconscious or a dead body with his loud voice. On the other side of the call, it was silent. His twin brother froze behind the phone, too shocked to comprehend what Jeongguk had said.

'Is she sick' he thought as you just fell unconscious last time but it wasn't that bad. Of course, Jiyeong didn't know you were constantly vomiting, he didn't know anything.  You didn't tell him because you didn't want to worry him, even though you knew he'll probably not worry since he didn't contact you for a whole week

"You're a fucking coward" Jeongguk hangs up, frustrated by his brother and what was happening to you. You were currently in the care of the doctor and nurse in one of the wards of the hospital. He wasn't allowed to stay by your side, so he went out and called his brother.

-

Hands on his head, body uncontrollably shaking as the anxiety attacks him, waiting for the news to be delivered to him. He has been waiting for 3 hours to know what's wrong with you, so much thoughts of you being severely ill wondered in his mind. The worse case was that ever since you were taken away for checkups as you fainted, your boyfriend hadn't show up.

'I'm seriously going to beat him up' He curses lowly, hands clasp together, having his gaze fixed on the wall in front of him. People who walked by pass him had an uneasy expression as he looked like he was planning someone's death, which happened to be his brother's.
He was sure once you wake up, you'll expect your boyfriend to be holding your hands and telling you that you'll be fine.

But sadly everything is a lie.

"Excuse me but are you a relative of Ms. Kim Yumi?" He looks up to see a young man, wearing a white coat and black trousers.

"Y-yes" He stutters, standing up brutally meeting the doctor's eyes. The young man nods before handing Jeongguk some papers which he needs to fill in for the purpose of the hospital

"What I'm going to say next is going to be difficult and painful to swallow but I want you to keep your calm" The doctor flips through a bunch of paper clipped on his red clipboard, stopping at one sheet that has every checkup information on you. Jeongguk eyes traveled to the papers, where your name was written in bold; 김 유미 He nods eagerly, wanting to know every little detail of information,

"The patient, Kim Yumi, has Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy also known as Broken heart syndrome" His eyes become watery, tears threatening to slip out. Suddenly feeling a heavy numbness on his stomach, his posture stiffened

"What?"

"This syndrome is a temporary heart condition that is caused by stressful situations. If it is not treated it could worsen the state of the heart" His expression never left, the fearfulness cast on his face. Even though he doesn't want to listen any further, wanting to escape and run away, he couldn't. He couldn't just leave you, in pain, alone when he knew you had no one else. Your parents weren't in the country so wasn't your brother.